Toy farm birthday- finally FINISHED !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, guess i can finally put this job to rest :)

Friday night the dad took the farm home. Theres only about 5mm gap all the way around, but luckily it fits in the cupboard.

dd9ad02f.jpg

Saturday morning i went over to see him, to give him and his brother their farm. The parents were waiting with cameras so i carried him up the stairs and told him to close his eyes- when he opened them............

af7752c5.jpg

He didn't hang around and got stuck right in playing with it :p (even his little brother wanted some of the action !)

855a92ed.jpg

2777a454.jpg

e6f3249f.jpg

7b8483b7.jpg

5cd8bb9d.jpg

22448145.jpg

A follow up visit today, and he was still gagging to show me his new tractors and fertilizer bags :lol:

82016c3e.jpg

397d58e2.jpg

91cbe8ea.jpg

c5f2e85f.jpg

76ed7ec5.jpg

6a20ca42.jpg

65c826fc.jpg

9341b181.jpg

f9f6c9d4.jpg

Hopefully when his brothers a little older, they can play with the farm together, he looks a bit lost sat there on his own :lol:

Happy birthday Joe and Tom !!! Hope you have many hours of fun :wink:

Thanks for reading everyone and for all your help, ideas and suggestions =D>

Simon

Disclaimer- There was no incident with a small straw bail going in someones mouth, and the carpet grass definitely didn't slide around all over the wooden floor nearly causing a terrible accident :whistle:

Hi all,
I am new to this so please bear with me.
I just had to register so I could share my thoughts on this fabulous project! I am sure the boys will have many hours of fun with this, will cherish it forever and make sure it is kept in tip-top condition (they had better or they will get a clip round the ear - I am their Dad by the way!!!)
Simon has done a cracking job and the amount of time and effort put into it had to be seen to be believed!
You will notice from the pics that a lot of the tractors etc. are quite old - they were mine when I was a nipper, and it is good to see them in action again. I have been having a go myself when the kids have gone to bed. :lol:
We have had a few family and friends over today and they were all amazed by it. 'How did he do this?', 'How did he get that to look so realistic?', 'He is clever' etc. etc.
Well done Simon and thanks very much :eek:ccasion5:
Biscuit delivery coming tomorrow! :lol:

Thanks for all your lovely comments guys and gals :wink:

Woodaddict":1wk670f0 said:
Seeing the kids enjoy it must make all of the hours well worth it!

Just seeing that pic of him happy is enough to make it all seem worth while. Glad i didn't bore you all too much with my rambling on :)

biscuitbuddys":1wk670f0 said:
Biscuit delivery coming tomorrow!

as if by magic........ a box of biscuits appeared on my bench =P~ cheers ! (enjoy the lovely long drive up to Kent tomorrow Nige not)

TrimTheKing":1wk670f0 said:
Can I have one now please? Pleeeeaaaasee?

I wouldn't have the willpower to make another anytime soon-but i wish you the best of luck :wink: I've got a big patch of grey hairs on the side of my head- could swear they weren't there before i started the job :-s

cheers all

Simon

Hah that is brilliant. My kids would have loved that. Cracking job.

I showed my wife this thread and given that my four year old is nuts about animals and is always building zoos for them out of building blocks it looks like I've been volunteered to take a leaf out of your book and start work on a model zoo as soon as my workshop is up and running again! Thanks a bundle muttermuttermutter... ;D

Seriously, awesome work!

Beautiful workmanship, congratulations.

I would be interested to learn a little of how the lucky boy actually plays with this wonderful toy in a month or so.

Some thirty years ago I made some, in comparison, rather basic farm buildings, for my then 5 year old. He only ever used the models as part of something else that he wanted to build - the barn turned on its side became a garage, the haystack was used as some sort of hoopla target, and almost never as a farm. Then he found a way of really enjoying it - he painted all of the buildings bright red. Seems that some 5year olds have their own ideas of how to play.

Congratulations anyway.

David

Brilliant result !

A happy little fella, and a cherished gift.

Well done you

:D

Back