Perfect way to clean a water stone.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iNewbie":zdkhoujj said:
memzey":zdkhoujj said:
His comment about being bored and having fun is I think as far as he would have gone. It takes a genuine person to say sorry and it was never going to happen. Having read my responses I was rude as well and regret that as it doesn't happen too often. I don't know him, maybe he hadn't taken his medication or all the other products available in Amsterdam.

Yes, that Lithium chain cycling grease can be a mare if not applied properly.

Nice boats for sure.

Don't know how you did it but you managed to quote me saying something I didn't say! Most strange.

Anyway it's always a shame when someone with obvious skills is banned but having said that I do understand the position of the moderators.

Serious request, could someone quote for me what they consider to be a rude/offensive section of what he posted?

Many thanks

memzey":253zjqbo said:
iNewbie":253zjqbo said:
memzey":253zjqbo said:
His comment about being bored and having fun is I think as far as he would have gone. It takes a genuine person to say sorry and it was never going to happen. Having read my responses I was rude as well and regret that as it doesn't happen too often. I don't know him, maybe he hadn't taken his medication or all the other products available in Amsterdam.

Yes, that Lithium chain cycling grease can be a mare if not applied properly.

Nice boats for sure.

Don't know how you did it but you managed to quote me saying something I didn't say! Most strange.

Anyway it's always a shame when someone with obvious skills is banned but having said that I do understand the position of the moderators.

My sincere apologies Memzey - it was a double quote and Lons had mentioned Amsterdam and being the cOck I am, I misquoted it.

iNewbie":a1kash50 said:
My sincere apologies Memzey - it was a double quote and Lons had mentioned Amsterdam and being the cOck I am, I misquoted it.

Go on blame me, I can take it. :lol: :lol:

Well I want to go on record as saying good call Bob. His "bunch of amateurs" crack a few days ago had me counting the days and this thread would have been the final straw, no question, if the choice had been up to me. Wielding the ban hammer isn't always easy or pleasant but sometimes the necessity is clear.

memzey":3o0vgx4t said:
I'm less comfortable with the fact that he wasn't allowed to redeem himself though and would have preferred him to have been given the chance to apologise and make good his mistake.
I wouldn't have wanted you to be holding your breath waiting for that.

I've been online a long long time (every time something like this happens I think again: far too long) both in front of and behind the curtain and IME anyone this obviously arrogant, not even attempting to hide it but instead seeming to revel in it, is an immediate red flag so I called this early. Without a single exception in well over 20 years someone like this will never play well with others and cannot, or in some cases will not, modify their behaviour if given a chance to do so.

With all the flak flying around, can we just share a thought for David C who was in the firing line from the start.
Not only did he not react (better than me) but he is probably walking around thinking, all I said was "clean, but is it flat?"

Not sure he should have been banned as stopping people from talking rarely achieves the objective of it.

That said, it's easy for me to say that when I don't have the wider responsibility of a mod.

ColeyS1":gox5679g said:
I was joking about his joints needing to fit- spotted this on his Facebook and it made me giggle.
08a17b105d0933ca9f56026be7a100a1.jpg

Look at all the filler/resin he had to use, cause the joints didn't fit :lol:
Beau, you raise a good point about being pounced on [WINKING FACE]

Coley

Actually,the seam filling mastic is there to allow movement of the deck planks with changes in moisture content.A tight joint on one day may well not be tight for long.In bygone times it was done with cotton or oakum caulking and hot pitch poured on top.

I wonder how easy it is to work once dry. The finished pictures of it look really smooth. Do you think it's likely to be cartridge type stuff,or maybe a resin with activator type product ? It must be quite good stuff.
Coley

iNewbie":3vau6355 said:
I'm trying my hardest with a rubber latex block...

Reminds me of that Ann Summers party I went to .... Oops, BLOCK, I thought you said... never mind.

MrTeroo":1u6y5i0u said:
Serious request, could someone quote for me what they consider to be a rude/offensive section of what he posted?

Many thanks

There's none so blind...

BugBear (100% behind our mods, tough job)

bugbear":14dxp9xa said:
MrTeroo":14dxp9xa said:

Many thanks

There's none so blind...

BugBear (100% behind our mods, tough job)

So rather than answering my post in a constructive way, you type a snippet of snidey nastiness, not for the first time.

Your not so far removed from last night's poster yourself Bugbear...

ColeyS1":1rt6irdp said:
I wonder how easy it is to work once dry. The finished pictures of it look really smooth. Do you think it's likely to be cartridge type stuff,or maybe a resin with activator type product ? It must be quite good stuff.
Coley

Presume we you are talking about the black lines? Helped with one boat build and two ways this was done. One was black Sikaflex from a gun. Other parts of the teak deck had epoxy mixed with black graphite powder for the filer.

Beuker":49ua8osm said:
And one piece of advise, this is the internet. Treat it as a bunch of letters on your screen and life will be much easier :wink:
But real life people contribute to it.
Thanks for the info.
Coley

How often would a deck like in the pictures need recoating? Is it a marine varnish or something more industrial ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The comment on the internet rather reminds me of a friend many years ago who was a CB radio fanatic. He came in the pub one night and said he'd sold all his rig. I asked why and said he did it after realising that he'd spent forty minutes talking to someone on air that he would have avoided had they met in the pub. :D

The sikaflex stuff looks ideal for a big log slice I've got that has drying out shakes I'd like to fill. Would there be a maximum joint size it'll fill ? I'm thinking I could have 12mm splits in places. If for some reason the log decides to swell, would the sikaflex just bulge a bit, but still stay stuck ? This stuff has to be a better option than me using rigid non flexing epoxy resin ?
Cheers
Coley

A lot of the previous comments assume of course that the keyboard warrior himself, PalmRoyale is indeed the person behind the work in the pictures, most of which is readily available on the web.

As Napoleon once said, don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back