Perfect way to clean a water stone.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ED65":2ety6s8m said:
Beuker":2ety6s8m said:
Except I'm not this PalmRoyale dude. That's what you're hinting at, right? I can't prove it and I know you probably won't believe me but that doesn't matter to me. But if you guys want me gone just say so. It doesn't matter to me either way.
So here's what happened if that's the case: a Dutch guy coincidentally joined the very day another Dutch poster was banned, they both just happen to be into boats, and then on top of that the 'second' guy just stumbled upon the thread that saw the first poster banned.

I don't know about anyone else but that stretches my credulity just a tad. Especially given the thread title doesn't give any clue that there's anything to do with boats within it :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just goes to show that we shouldn't jump to conclusions - something I have been guilty of myself on occasion!

Welcome to the forum Beuker and, as far as I am concerned, you are very welcome. I have certainly found UKW members very helpful and problems of bad manners or abuse seem mercifully rare. I would probably have made a different call on the Parkroyale issue but that should not be regarded as a criticism; the moderators have a difficult job to do and it is not one I would wish to take on.

Jim

Awww man, I'm kind of upset that he got banned. I didn't find his posts rude or arrogant as they were so far past that point that they were just plain entertaining!

I'd guess that David.C (like many others) probably found it humorous too!

I hope he comes back under a different name. I'm sure it won't be difficult to spot him :D

This forum can get a little boring over time and we need people like him to stir it up every once in a while. I'd much prefer someone being direct over the overly polite PC type attitude we have today.

People are far too easily offended these days.

transatlantic":8u5al0ab said:
People are far too easily offended these days.

... to the point that a lot of people will go out of their way to be offended. Some even make it their life's work.

transatlantic":3o7vpwsf said:
I hope he comes back under a different name. I'm sure it won't be difficult to spot him :D

maybe he will revert to "site seven"
Or whatever he called himself when he was using that stolen image of a Canadian salmon fisherman as his avatar

Beuker":89r31tcr said:
ED65":89r31tcr said:
Beuker":89r31tcr said:
So here's what happened if that's the case: a Dutch guy coincidentally joined the very day another Dutch poster was banned, they both just happen to be into boats, and then on top of that the 'second' guy just stumbled upon the thread that saw the first poster banned.

I don't know about anyone else but that stretches my credulity just a tad. Especially given the thread title doesn't give any clue that there's anything to do with boats within it :roll:
Why did you assume I'm Dutch? I don't even live in the Netherlands (anymore). I will admit I'm well versed in the Dutch language because I have a Dutch girlfriend but I'm as British as fish&chips. She's also the one who came up with my nickname. And yes, I'm into boats but not as a boat builder (although I did do all the work on my own boat). I'm actually a professional Linux kernel developer. My dad was a shipwright all his life though. He retired a few months ago after a 20 year career at Pendennis and he taught me a lot. I inherited my love for wood from him and wood working is something I do in my spare time to relax and clear my mind. Lastly, I didn't stumble upon this thread. I've been lurking for some time in several threads and decided this was a good time to hop in. I just don't bother with introducing myself and I start posting. I can certainly see how that may seem suspicious to the rest of you but that's not my problem.

It was pretty obvious to me you were not the same chap.
Hope you stay and enjoy our "normal" friendly & welcoming ways.

Just ordered a couple tubes of sikaflex 291. Apparantly it does the same as 290, just an updated version. Nearly half the price aswell !
Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Beuker":3jjgsitg said:
I actually have 4 stones (2 Choseras and 2 Pros) and 2 of them are only for my plane blades. I rarely flatten them and only use them on the bevels of my blades.

We were expecting to find that they were a king 1200 and sigma power 6000! (hammer)

If used "only on the bevels" how is the wire edge removed?

Best wishes,
David

I find it is also a good strategy for plane blades to let the coarse stone go hollow in its width.

David C":160wk41a said:
If used "only on the bevels" how is the wire edge removed?

Best wishes,
David

I find it is also a good strategy for plane blades to let the coarse stone go hollow in its width.

I quite like it when they go hollow in their length, or rather, I tolerate that.

amazing! 5 word question and 9 pages of outrage. Almost like my missus reading the Daily Mail :shock: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back