My Clifton Anniversary plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JonnyD":3v4vses9 said:
The plane looks very nice Paul. What are the differences between these specials and the standard planes?

cheers

jon

Hi Jon,

As Alan said, just the handles, which are from a single English Walnut tree and the engraving. The blades have polished sides - not sure whether they are any thicker. The standard blades are 3.1mm I think - must measure this one and see if it is any different. The brass nuts securing the handles are also slightly better shaped than the standard ones.

In terms of performance, no different from a standard Clifton - just nice to have if you're into Clifton planes, like I am :D When I went to the last Ally Pally show I was intending to buy a #4. Mike Hudson had the prototype of the Anniversary plane on show and it looked so nice that I ordered one there and then 8)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul Chapman":11vqiagk said:
When I went to the last Ally Pally show I was intending to buy a #4. Mike Hudson had the prototype of the Anniversary plane on show and it looked so nice that I ordered one there and then 8)

Paul

And then you encouraged me, Waka style, to do the same :lol:

Likewise, I had gone with the intention of picking up a 51/2, having tried one at the Kent bash and been taken by the extra weight and performance, and it was a relatively modest premium on top of normal prices for something a little bit different and special once I saw the nice shiny prototype :lol:

The others followed later in further moments of weakness :roll: :oops:

Like Paul says, they perform just the same, but if you are okay with spending a few quid more and it makes you happy, why not !

Cheers, Paul :D

paulm":3a1w7b94 said:
Paul Chapman":3a1w7b94 said:
When I went to the last Ally Pally show I was intending to buy a #4. Mike Hudson had the prototype of the Anniversary plane on show and it looked so nice that I ordered one there and then 8)

Paul

And then you encouraged me, Waka style, to do the same :lol:

I wish I'd been on commission with the number you ended up ordering :lol:

Paul

Paul Chapman":21iaoyc6 said:
I wish I'd been on commission with the number you ended up ordering :lol:

Paul
Paul, you get that from Mike Hudson :lol: :lol: - Rob

Hope Paul C doesn't mind me adding some more pics to this thread, but they are kind of siblings to his No.4, all series 21 of 25 !

The No.7 arrived 8am this morning, perfect for the first day of my week off, so gave it a wipe over, honed the blade and took a few shavings, very, very nice, as they all are, both to look at and to use and handle, they perform very well indeed 8)

DSCN0360.jpg

DSCN0363.jpg

DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0362.jpg

I'm not very good with photo's unfortunately and these don't really do them justice, perhaps Paul will take some decent ones next time he's over.

Anyway, must crack on with some other stuff, I've acquired another walnut tree :roll: :lol: so more about that later on a seperate thread !

Cheers, Paul :D

Back