Jessem clear cut stock guides modification to fit Dewalt 7485 table saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a woodwork newbie. In my first post I reached out to the group and asked for help to modify my AUK router so that it would fit an Axminster router lift and Axminster cast iron table. Many thanks to Brian and his friend Bill for making it possible.

So now it is time for another modification which I have attempted to do myself. That is to modify the Jessen clear cut stock guides so that they will work on my Dewalt 7485 job site table saw.

Not everyone can afford the high end table saws or do not have adequate space or both. The Jessem clear cut stock guides have great reviews and offer excellent safety features.

Being a woodwork newbie I don’t have much experience so I did what I thought worked best for me. Probably due to my lack of experience I must have made mistakes so please don’t bite my head off!

This is what I did, right or wrong.

The fence that is required for the guide should be a minimum width of two inches. The Dewalt fence is one inch thick. I wanted to retain the flip over stop and not compromise it. I found a suitable piece of Iroko Hardwood which I cut to a width of 1 1/2”. The height and length had to match the Dewalt fence.

I removed the clips on the fence that held the push stick. The Dewalt fence has four screws that protrude on the face and two that protrude on the end that hold the fence brackets. I used my router table for the first time and made two channels ½” thick. On the ends I drilled a hole and notched out the side. This enabled me to get the additional hardwood fence flush up against the Dewalt aluminium fence.

I then screwed the hardwood extension to the aluminium fence. I used 8 self tapping countersunk screws to bite into the aluminium after first drilling pilot holes. Eight screws might be overkill but better that than underkill.

The Jessem track is 30” long. I chopped off 11” using a mini Dewalt angle grinder. Yes I know that I lost 1/3 of the track but I only have a job site table saw which is not very wide and I still want to be able to use the flip over stop.

The Jessem track now had fixing holes on the end and middle. I had to make new holes in the aluminium track on one end. These also needed to be flat countersunk like the others.

My modified fence was now wide enough to take the Jessem track. I used the Jessem self tapping screws on the aluminium side and normal screws on the wood side of the fence.

And there you have it, job done. When I want to use the flip over stop I just slide out the Jessem guides from the track. It takes less than a minute.

Was it worth all that effort? To me it was.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
The Jessem stock guides are the bees knees. I screwed an aluminium angle onto the side of my TS250-2 fence to fit the stock guides, one of the best mods I carried out, you can just see the angle at the end of the fence crown guard removed for clarity, but if you want to see the overhead guard, its on this thread: Axminster TS250-2 modifications..

Jessem stock guides.jpeg

Last edited:
I am a woodwork newbie. In my first post I reached out to the group and asked for help to modify my AUK router so that it would fit an Axminster router lift and Axminster cast iron table. Many thanks to Brian and his friend Bill for making it possible.

So now it is time for another modification which I have attempted to do myself. That is to modify the Jessen clear cut stock guides so that they will work on my Dewalt 7485 job site table saw.

Not everyone can afford the high end table saws or do not have adequate space or both. The Jessem clear cut stock guides have great reviews and offer excellent safety features.

Being a woodwork newbie I don’t have much experience so I did what I thought worked best for me. Probably due to my lack of experience I must have made mistakes so please don’t bite my head off!

This is what I did, right or wrong.

The fence that is required for the guide should be a minimum width of two inches. The Dewalt fence is one inch thick. I wanted to retain the flip over stop and not compromise it. I found a suitable piece of Iroko Hardwood which I cut to a width of 1 1/2”. The height and length had to match the Dewalt fence.

I removed the clips on the fence that held the push stick. The Dewalt fence has four screws that protrude on the face and two that protrude on the end that hold the fence brackets. I used my router table for the first time and made two channels ½” thick. On the ends I drilled a hole and notched out the side. This enabled me to get the additional hardwood fence flush up against the Dewalt aluminium fence.

I then screwed the hardwood extension to the aluminium fence. I used 8 self tapping countersunk screws to bite into the aluminium after first drilling pilot holes. Eight screws might be overkill but better that than underkill.

The Jessem track is 30” long. I chopped off 11” using a mini Dewalt angle grinder. Yes I know that I lost 1/3 of the track but I only have a job site table saw which is not very wide and I still want to be able to use the flip over stop.

The Jessem track now had fixing holes on the end and middle. I had to make new holes in the aluminium track on one end. These also needed to be flat countersunk like the others.

My modified fence was now wide enough to take the Jessem track. I used the Jessem self tapping screws on the aluminium side and normal screws on the wood side of the fence.

And there you have it, job done. When I want to use the flip over stop I just slide out the Jessem guides from the track. It takes less than a minute.

Was it worth all that effort? To me it was.
What a great idea! Hadn't come across Jessem before and have a Dewalt, so will look into mirroring this - thanks for the heads up!

Back