You will not believe this

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I telephoned the Royal Mail, our local post office is selling faulty postage stamps and they want me to go back to the shop and inform him he should call the Post office (not the Royal Mail) and request new stamp stock and he should have given me a refund of the stamps he sold me and not charged me for replacements. They knowingly made me purchase.
I told them they should contact him, but they will not.

The fault involves as far as I can imagine his stock of 2nd class stamps when peeled off its backing sheet delaminate and leave holes in the stamp, and the shop assistant said you have to be very careful because this can happen and is a fraud protection they use so you cannot reuse stamps from envelopes.

I told the Royal mail they should contact him but they will not.

Are both operations commiting fraud knowingly?

I think it is a National Press story, who would members advise.

How very dare they! grass them up to the Daily Mail.......is there anything in this country that isn't going down the pan?

powertools":1dorgabj said:
You do have to be careful when pulling them off the backing paper.

No excuse, goods not fit for purpose.

So is this a fault the post system is not prepared to resolve and charge addressee or poster a penalty etc.?

RogerS":3cqo8kjc said:
You contract, such as it is, is with the person who sold you the stamps.

Not sure about that, it would be interesting to get a legal view but imho the vendor of the stamps was merely acting as agent, the "service" for which the stamp was purchased is the delivery of mail and so ultimately the responsibility is Royal Mail's. I dont see how RoyalMail can legitimately avoid responsibility.

devonwoody":gv88ezmm said:
I telephoned the Royal Mail, our local post office is selling faulty postage stamps and they want me to go back to the shop and inform him he should call the Post office (not the Royal Mail) and request new stamp stock and he should have given me a refund of the stamps he sold me and not charged me for replacements. They knowingly made me purchase.
I told them they should contact him, but they will not.

The fault involves as far as I can imagine his stock of 2nd class stamps when peeled off its backing sheet delaminate and leave holes in the stamp, and the shop assistant said you have to be very careful because this can happen and is a fraud protection they use so you cannot reuse stamps from envelopes.

I told the Royal mail they should contact him but they will not.

Are both operations commiting fraud knowingly?

I think it is a National Press story, who would members advise.

Is this from Facebook? :D

BugBear

BTW I did speak with the post office customer service line and they then connected me through their telephone system to the Royal Mail/

The outcome was the RM then told me to go back (walking to the PO) or telephone the customer help line again.
Nobody wants to no imo, they most probably have millions of stamps printed which some will not go through their franking machines (I was told). I wonder if the end user gets charged penalties at that end by the millions?

There could be fraud at the end of this saga??????????????

Perhaps you could ask them under Freedom of Information Act as to how many people have been incorrectly penalised because of faulty stamps :-k

Now if you really want to point fingers at shysters then look no further than the DVLA. You miss taxing or SORNing by so much as a day and they will send in the Rottweilers and sell your first-born into slavery. Yet ask for a refund when you get rid of a car and it's '...within six weeks...' WTF ?

So you wait six weeks. Nada. Six weeks goes to eight weeks. Still nada. So you ring them ...'we'll get refunds to send it to you as a priority'. Yeah, right.

The cheque eventually comes. Under the money. What a surprise. Ring them again. 'You have to write in'.....

Not a bad little earner sitting on that money from everyone for all that time. Anyone else had similar from DVLA ?

They insisted I paid for a new licence as they couldn't send my old one back ...because of data protection. I couldn't quite see the difference between posting my old one to me and posting a new to me, but by the bye. I pointed out that they only had a photo copy o the licence anyway and they said fine, just keep and use the old one.

devonwoody":2zilmlvs said:

I had to re-use an un-sent 1st class the other day. Just noticed the holes myself. It came off the new envelope I'd just written so I was chuffed - at their prices!!!

Today I needed some money !!!!!!!!!!!! so I had to go to the post office and reopened the discussion with the boss this time re stamps. He states there is nothing wrong with his stamps and I should be more careful. I told him I was careful. He refuses to refund. Told him the RM said he should contact the Postal Authority and request replacements, he said "nothing wrong with my stamps", he said he is not doing that.

So how do I get my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, The Daily Mail have not responded to a contact message.

phil.p":2bkgos4g said:
They probably think you're a troll. :lol:

I will admit to POST OFFICE RAGE.

But what can I expect, if the stamps are not fit for purpose, the RM would need to replace franking machines stamps etc. and would most probably cost millions, so ignore everyone and hope it all goes away. Pity Farage is not short of a new project at the present time, but I dont think he would beat the RM though.

devonwoody":2xxiyk12 said:
Today I needed some money !!!!!!!!!!!! so I had to go to the post office and reopened the discussion with the boss this time re stamps. He states there is nothing wrong with his stamps and I should be more careful. I told him I was careful. He refuses to refund. Told him the RM said he should contact the Postal Authority and request replacements, he said "nothing wrong with my stamps", he said he is not doing that.

So how do I get my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, The Daily Mail have not responded to a contact message.

Try BBC Watchdog, I think they have a page on their web site for the public to report scams/complaints etc

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Back