Yew bowls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I made these today they were both dodgy bits of wood one was just an off cut from a log end grain 8" x 4" x 1 1/2" with the shakes LOL the other was a very odd shaped bit that has been laying about for a few years it is 8" x 3 1/2" both with a Fiddes hardwax oil finish

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 807
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 807
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 807
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 807
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 807
Yew done well, both with a character of their own, particularly like colour contrasts in the Bowl.

Really like the bowl, as Chas says, the contrast works very well indeed, is it in reality as white as it looks in image 3 or more cream as in 5?

KimG":8i9xf16t said:
Really like the bowl, as Chas says, the contrast works very well indeed, is it in reality as white as it looks in image 3 or more cream as in 5?
Hi Kim thanks for spotting that I have taken a photo from further away and cropped it, it is in between the two must have been the reflection from the flash

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 772
Hi woody

These are both lovely pieces, when i saw the grain pattern on the first one i thought wow that is fantastic then i saw the 2nd bowl and that has gone way beyond wow. I admire your skill at seeing it in the wood, great form and finish on both as well.

Berns

Like Em Both woody Very Nice finish well turned perfection as Always
regards
Bill =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Latest posts

Back