Yet more reindeer.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilder

Established Member
Reaction score
Following on from recent posts, here are my reindeer....

P1010011.JPG

They will be shortly heading for a 'Marche de Noel' in a town near us. I also made the whole reindeer family in dark oak.

And a Nativity Puzzle Set (design by Judy and Dave Peterson)

Nativity2.jpg

Plus loads of puzzles, tree ornaments and gifts from various books and internet sources. I am looking forward to the Christmas Market, if only to see what sort of things the French like to buy! :)

Chris

They look really good Wilder.

What paint or finish have you used on reindeer please ?

I'm still experimenting with my scroll saw, but struggling to find time to play on it #-o

Thanks for sharing with us & 'bonne chance' with the sales. :deer

Well, these reindeer are made from mdf, and I have tried and tried using acrylic paint, but no matter what primer and/or undercoat I use I cannot get a smooth finish using a brush or a paint sponge. Perhaps if I had a sprayer it would be better, but until I can afford one I am using good, old fashioned gloss paint! No primer, no undercoat, just two rollered coats of gloss with light sanding between and it seems to work for me.

The nose is acrylic, though, and the eye is a dot of leather made using a hole punch.

Back