Yet amother Spalted Sycamore Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have made another, I do hope you like it (usual concerns about posting apply) :D

SpaltedSycamorewithNaturalEdge3.jpg

SpaltedSycamorewithNaturaledge2.jpg

SpaltedSycamorewithNaturalEdge.jpg

Bean":10zpm08x said:
I have made another, I do hope you like it (usual concerns about posting apply) :D
And as usual they are totaly unfounded. [-X That is other wonderful box that uses the natural colour and features of the timber to full advantage. \:D/ =D>

I am glad that the pictures don't make my eyes want to move across my head this time.:roll: :wink:

Well done Bean, keep them coming. :D

That's a great looking box. I see that the front and sides has a slight curvature to them, did you sand or plane them that way after assembly or was it something you did before the assembly?

For what it's worth, I also like the table.

Bean

I'm not one for for back slapping normally but that box really apppeals to me, love it. Well done.

Really love the way that the plugs are rounded at the corners. Is it by design or is it a more organic process?

Brilliant.

Stu

Again I am humbled by your kind comments, thank you

Dave Thanks i had less gin before I took the photos this time :)

Simoli the curves were cut in after assembly using my trusty spokeshaves, very little sanding was done.

Stu the plugs were rounded as part of the process above, they just look good . . . I think

Sawdust the bottom is made of some coloured sycamore I had kicking about the workshop, its fixed on some loose dowels so that it stays rigidly and firmly in place but allows for seasonal movements.

Bean - nice box......inards of K419 have all been ripped out :shock: , putting it all back together today - Rob

Latest posts

Back