Yankee screwdriver bit holders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Chapman

Established Member
Reaction score
Some time ago there was a thread about bit holders for Yankee screwdrivers and the fact that ones sold by firms such as CK were no longer available. Well, having recently bought a second-hand Yankee 131 (the big one), I was on the lookout for a bit holder that would enable me to use all my various hex screwdriver bits in it. Today I bought the Snappy version which has recently become available. You can see it if you scroll down on this link http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/snappy/snappy_qc.html
You don't need to buy Snappy screwdriver bits for it. If you have one of those magnetic screwdriver bit holders that come with sets of hex bits, that will fit it and you can then use any hex bit :wink:

Paul

I think the Snappy one was discussed it that thread, its been around for some time but tends to make the whole assembly a bit long and heavy. I'll stick to my CK one :D

Jason

I agree, Jason, the CK one offers a far more elegant solution and I use them on my Yankee 130s. Unfortunately the CK holder is no longer available. I find that the Snappy is reasonably balanced in relation to the size of the 131 (the only Yankee for which it is available) but I'm a bit surprised they didn't make it a bit slimmer, as they have done with some of their chucks :wink:

Paul

Have these been available for a while? I remember about 7 years I lost all the bits for my medium size Yankee and resorted to sticking a normal magnetic bit holder into the Yankee's chuck using epoxy :shock: It still works fine, even under quite high torque applications. Only problem is the bit holder has lost it's magnetic properties and the bits fall out :D

Back