xmas puzzler..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higon

Established Member
Reaction score
Another unexpected item to arrive this xmas was this... Nothing much known about it, it's oak seems to be workshop made by the owner of the day, but my question for the experts here is what went where?

I've never seen anything like this before and I'm hoping one of you chaps has and can fill in some of the blanks. Not sure if I should try and fill it with tools from the era of its manufacture (no idea of that either) or if I can't, remove the internal mounts and rebuild it to take the tools I do have / will get..

Any assistance most welcome,

Attachments

• chippie box.jpg
    chippie box.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 260
Shrubby":3tav863i said:
The cupboard style looks rather German to me
Google werkzeugschrank

Matt

Gosh, you're a clever bloke Matt, how did you know that! :)

621061.jpg

Thanks Matt, that's an interesting thought! I see what you mean though, there's almost an exact replica of it among the hits on google.

The brass brackets at the rear seem to be for chisels, the left hand ones are shaped to hold something round while the right hand ones are at an acute angle. The two hooks at the top (difficult to seen that pic) Brace?

If it is only for chisels and saws, there doesn't seem to be any space for planes... what type of carpentry work would that be?

In all the pics I've looked at, chisels are always stored vertically... aren't they??

Higon":2d4t9i1s said:
Another unexpected item to arrive this xmas was this...,

Can`t help with your query, I`m afraid, but what puzzles me is how does something like this arrive unexpectedly?
Did Santa leave it? :lol:

Ian

Ian, it wasn't nearly as unexpected as the axminster van that turned up with a very nice SBW4300B in the back. I had thought that I was getting a couple of router bits from SWMBO for xmas! So both the bandsaw and the toolbox were completely unexpected.

:deer :ho2 :D

IHc1vtr+":106bmoud said:
Looks like it's been re-purposed....gun cabinet maybe?

Don't think so, it's not tall enough for a long barrel weapon and not strong enough either, (comparing it to my gun cabinets). Think modern gun cabinets have to be steel lined (?)

I'll take some more pics tomorrow of those brass hangers, but a chisel certainly is the best fit for them so far.

Latest posts

Back