Wrong wood? Just wet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am wanting to turf an area of our new garden, as per my previous thread. I need to add some gravel boards to the bottom of an existing fence which is a light, yellowy/honey sort of colour. I have today received some boards from a local supplier and can't work out if these are completely different or if them being wet is skewing things. They are treated and have that greenish tinge, but will that fade or are these a non-match?

The existing fence (board at bottom is what I what to match):

4F7940BA-161E-4256-8864-4AE0724A6639.jpeg

What I have been sent today:

E0CCD311-1C3C-405C-B061-702440A9B695.jpeg

Thanks

Sean

Last edited:
The green tinge is because your supplied timber has been tanalised, it will weather but new timber and older timber will never match exactly. I’m a fan of seeing the wood itself so a coat or 2 of light brown creosote will blend old with new .

Thank you for the replies all. So does this mean the existing fence timber (installed less than six months ago by the developer) was treated in a different way or has the sun turned it to the current honeyish colour?

Sean

Thank you for the replies all. So does this mean the existing fence timber (installed less than six months ago by the developer) was treated in a different way or has the sun turned it to the current honeyish colour?

Sean
The orange is a normal larch colour. It will go grey once it has been subject to sun and rain for a while.

Fence panels and tapered boards for fencing often come with a coloured treatment and your gravel boards just have the plain green tantalising.

Back