WORST SITE ON THE NET

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant say I recognise the comments in the link or agree. I have posted many times without any problems or edits including other links and e-bay on occasion.
Lots of useful information and friendly members.
Everyone it entitled to their opinion but I really like this site!
Nigel

Weird comment?

There's the odd sharpening spat on this site, but it's largely friendly, informative, and well moderated.

This site is the most evil god forsaken part of the internet, peopled by dregs of humanity and zombies who keep fighting about rounded bevels ! :evil: :twisted:

AND I LOVE IT !!!!!!!! =D>

Sorry RTH, slight mistake, have to move your post, wrong board. Do I get a new post on your boat board if this upsets you? :)

From http://www.practicalboating.com News (apparently) section-

38 Minutes Ago

Russ T Hinge
The Laird !
Bonamassa Rocks !

Thanked 1,147 Times in 862 Posts
UKWORKSHOP...THE WORST WEBSITE ON THE NET !
This has got to be the worst site I have ever come across, the moderators are sneaky, underhanded and remind me of a certain Germanic dictator from the last century !!.
As you all know, being a Moderator is a responsible task requiring common sense coupled to a regard for the rules but tempered by a feeling for the situation.
Each decision has to be considered alone and acted upon in isolation, fairly straight forward, there is room for compromise, always......but
NOT ON THIS SITE..........any slight mistake results in an entire thread or post being deleted !!, should a poster make any reference at all to a "well known auction site", the result is post deletion......not "Editing" as with all other sites.
My personal view is that this site consists of power tripping moderators each one wishing to be the first to discover what they consider deleteable and then doing so.
Due to certain "Social networking" sites prevailing at the moment it is difficult to maintain and attract new members but to do so and then remove their posts for merely alluding to other sites is heading towards self destruction.
The members on the site are friendly and informative but the MODERATORS are POWER MAD !!! BEWARE .

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/
WARNING....Russ T is a hazard to himself let alone others so any advice he offers is to be treated with suspicion and acted upon at your own risk !!!!!....

Rgds,

Noel, Power mad mod, power tripping all the way to the...place that power trippers go to...

PS- haven't had a Godwin's Law reference for ages.....

Oh Noel, that old Godwin's law insult is so very like a Godwin's Law mk2. At some point in an argument Godwin's Law will be stated, Tut Tut Tut. 'ol Godwin was just a clever clogs :mrgreen: :roll:

True, LOL. Yes, isn't there another "law" for mentioning Godwin's Law?

iNewbie":23qu12vj said:

You missed the most amazing use for Titebond II I've ever seen (from the same stable)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=_gyvipBs6Vs

Meanwhile back at the nutter with the Big Green Tape Machine! Nasty, hissy noisy things... and then cutting an analogue disc!

Why on earth do something that daft? An A80 with a mono head would be far better, as would almost anything digital as the recording medium (even MP3!).

I bet he loves how it sounds. It's a shame he's probably the only person who'll hear it as-recorded off tape (and I bet they aren't kept tail-out, either).

Sigh.

...This has got to be the worst site I have ever come across, the moderators are sneaky, underhanded and remind me of a certain Germanic dictator from the last century !!....

Is it the moustache and the side parting? I think it quite suits me.

Breaking news on Godwingate:

2 Hours Ago
michael3

Won't go there...much happier surrounded by like minded nutters!

Well I was initially confused as I couldn't see why some boat building forum was the worst site on the net and why I should be interested?

Then the penny dropped it was this site, well blow me down!

Then I thought, why would anyone on a boat building site be interested?

Then I thought, never heard of Godwin's law so had to Google that.

Now my life is ebbing away and the only thing I got from this thread is an explanation of 'Godwin's law'. So it was worthwhile after all.

So I am left with the question, "Why?"

Have a nice day

Mick

Latest posts

Back