Workshop Vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vic Perrin":o1zgw3g6 said:
My old Henry is on it's last legs and it won't be long before I need a replacement.

I noticed this on eBay and at less than £70 including Shipping and Import duties I thought it looks like a decent buy.

Has anyone any knowledge about this vac

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Craftsman-Evo ... 3f3076db3c

Regards

Vic
It look very, very similar to the Draper
13779_WDV15A.jpg

which is available for under 40 quid.

I expect they both come from the same factory in China :)

Below is my reply to a similar post further down the board. I purchased this item a few months back and after extensive use can report that I am very pleased with it:

memzey":z57t2raf said:
I've heard good things about the Wickes shop vac but if you want something with a bit more about it I went for one of these and found it to be excellent:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb430v ... 240v/70472

Comes with on board tool storage, gives 90ltrs of suck per second and best of all has power tool take off. I am chuffed with mine.

Can't see an advantage of getting a cheap vac from the States, especially when you can get a decent one for decent money here. What happens if its DOA on arrival or it develops a fault?

The option offered by memzey is not bad at all - stainless drum & auto start at that price is a bargain. The only criticism that comes up in the reviews is the hose, but memzey may be able to offer more info on that.

FFX are quite good for vacs and hose accessories, worth looking at.

Don't forget to add in the price of a transformer as well.

Pete

The new Craftsman range of tools, since being manufactured in China are still sold by Sears but known in the States as "Crapsman" which kind of gives a clue to their quality.

That's the one I have its very good and quiet.

Pete

Cheers Guys, I certainly won't be getting one from the States. I didn't realise how cheap they are over here.

Plenty of options available and some great info from you all.

When Henry eventually dies I don't think that I will have a problem replacing him.

Cheers
Vic

Another vote for the Lidl one. Excellent bit of kit and reasonably priced too.

Do the dustbags get clogged with the fine dust?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back