Workshop vac dust interceptor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevM

Established Member
Reaction score
I use a Dust Deputy cyclone on top of a 60 litre blue food bin with my workshop vac. Today on removing the bag I had my usual wrestling match to get the bag out of the bin, the drum shape tends to make the bag wedge in place, so I end up inverting the whole shooting match into another bag and giving it a good shake.

Does anybody else use this set-up, if so do you bother with bin liners? I'm tempted to dispense with the liners and just empty into a bin liner when it's full.

Cheers, Kev

Like this, it's quite a subtle taper, but it's enough for the bag to jam in place.
1301_DRUM60.jpg

Attachments

• 1301_DRUM60.jpg
    1301_DRUM60.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 189
Try putting a hole in the bottom of the bin to relieve the vacuum, it works on my pedal bin.

I've never bothered with a bag in my Dust Deputy, I simply put a bin bag over the full drum, tip it upside down & the rubbish falling into the bag sucks the side of the bag tight to the drum so no dust escapes. I leave it on the floor upside down for a few minutes to let the dust inside settled in the bag & then remove the drum & refit it.

Steve, I think I bought the drum from Solent Plastics, but you can find them on eBay pretty readily.
Cheers, Kev by

Doug, Thanks I'll try bagless next time. Cheers

Steve Maskery":2rdutzhs said:
Where did you get your blue drum, please?

If you buy one of those Steve you'll have the same problem, buy a straight sided one! :lol:

Back