Workshop racking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
This is not a tool review as such, but for a couple of years, i have been trying to make do with shelving that has been salvaged from elsewhere- some that was in the loft and not needed there, and i have had various boxes stacked on top of other boxes and piles of stuff everywhere. The time has come for a proper sort out because I want to be able to get to stuff, and i want to find a space for getting a small metal working lathe. There may be some bots for sale in the coming weeks.

I find it hard to compare specs on racking, so I may not have bought the cheapest solution, but i could see it assembled before I spent my money, and feel how sturdy it is. There are a lot of people selling stuff that they claim is bomb proof but looks very flimsy. I believe in this, you get what you pay for.

I can thoroughly recommend the link below- it is very study, will take plenty of weight and is nice and large. I am still mid sort out, so no photographs, but the racking itself is up.

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/p/whalen-4 ... ack-333051

I paid a little less in store and picked it up I think it was somewhere between £115 and £120 with the VAT. it would be useful to have a second pair of hands to help collect it- it is heavy! I put it up myself, but a helper wouldn't go amiss.

The sides are ready fabricated, so it is only a matter of slotting on the cross members, and putting on the grid. The shelves are fully adjustable, but to have 4 shelves on it, you are limited to where you can put the middle 2 and retain usefulness.

My plan is now to get some euroboxes to use on the racking. i have some Tesco (type) delivery boxes in the meantime.

Back