Workshop Essentials 1 2 and 3 (Tennoning Jig)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrwilby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anybody else purchased these recently?

I just wanted to drop a quick note and say that I recently received these in the post, all the way from UK to Finland.

I am delighted with the purchase and really learnt some valuable tips and tricks, not to mention gained some excellent jig designs.

Particularly of use will be the router-based slot and morticing jigs. Even though I have a good festool setup, these still look to be invaluable and I shall be making them in the future I suspect.

If you haven't seen these yet, I'd heartily recommend them for a birthday gift to yourself or just a spontaneous blind purchase (exactly what I did). There's some great clips on youtube if you want to get a taster.

http://www.workshopessentials.com/index.php

I'm not affiliated in any way, just a satisfied customer!

Oh, and given the amount of input that Steve makes on this forum, buying his DVDs is an excellent way to say thank you and encourage future sharing of his undoubted knowledge!

I think that almost everybody else here shares their infromation and ideas freely, the fact that steve sells his ideas to us perhaps lessens his input to the forum - good as it might be. I do own 1 and 2 by the way.

Steve went to a lot of effort to design and produce these DVD's so I don't feel he should be under any obligation to give the information away for free and he doesn't charge a lot either for the amount of content you get in the DVD. Does David Charlesworth or Rob Cosman give their information for free? I'm quite happy to pay a small premium for information when it's presented in a detailed fashion like you get on these DVD's.

I think that you've missed my point BB . :roll:

The op said "Oh, and given the amount of input that Steve makes on this forum, buying his DVDs is an excellent way to say thank you and encourage future sharing of his undoubted knowledge!"

to which I said "I think that almost everybody else here shares their information and ideas freely, the fact that steve sells his ideas to us perhaps lessens his input to the forum - good as it might be."

I feel no need to buy his DVD as a way of saying thank you for his input to the forum. I will buy his DVD if it is of interest. The fact that Steve contributes to the forum is neither here nor there. In fact, Steve used this forum to advertise his latest DVD by way of a you tube video, and I'm pretty sure that this is not technically what this forum is all about - i.e. a free exchange of ideas between like minded individuals.

Yes, sorry Stuart, I mis-read the forum post. However I personally don't have a problem with anyone posting a youtube video, I'm quite happy to have those kind of video's on the forum if it aids the efforts of our members.

mrwilby

Thank you very much indeed for your kind words. It's really nice to know that people do actually get something out of my offerings!

Cheers
Steve

I think, after > 3000 posts, it would be hard to argue (successfully) that Steve might lessen his input just because he also happens to sell some DVDs about wood working :)

I for one am happy to support his endeavours in the hope that we might see some more excellent, well executed knowledge sharing in this medium again in the future.

Thanks Steve.

mrwilby":3hmrkv1b said:
I think, after > 3000 posts, it would be hard to argue (successfully) that Steve might lessen his input just because he also happens to sell some DVDs about wood working :)

I for one am happy to support his endeavours in the hope that we might see some more excellent, well executed knowledge sharing in this medium again in the future.

Thanks Steve.

I'm glad that you are happy to support SMs effort, and I hope he continues to post here.

I think it would be unfair to continue an argument about SM, therefore i gracefully bow out of this debate!

Back