Workshop build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dh7892":psdaojyf said:
she seems to be more interested in having a corner to work in herself now!

:shock:

Surely that's against the 'Rules' ? Where's a chap supposed to chill.. err I mean Work, if 'er indoors is allowed access to 'The Sanctuary' ?

:D

studders":1qhczuss said:
dh7892":1qhczuss said:
she seems to be more interested in having a corner to work in herself now!

:shock:

Surely that's against the 'Rules' ? Where's a chap supposed to chill.. err I mean Work, if 'er indoors is allowed access to 'The Sanctuary' ?

:D

I agree with Mr S, if you let her get a toe in the door, before you know it your tools and glue bottle will be sitting on little doilies, there will be flowery curtains on your windows, and within a year instead of the sound of woodworking machines, your neighbours and passer's by will hear you mutter "knit one purl one" followed by the unmistakable sound of knitting needles clicking together, while you join in with the Orpington branch of the women's knitting circle as they race to finish their world record attempt on the biggest patchwork quilt.

So change the locks, hide the keys, and buy her a present for helping you, but don't ever give her her own corner. On the other hand be subtle or you may find that your first project is a single bed, after she changed the locks and hid the keys to your house :shock: :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Normally I'd agree but (luckily for me) she's not like that!

I'm not one of these blokes that wants a shed to escape to. In fact, I'd like nothing better than to have her around when I'm down there. She did some stained glass at night school a few years ago so I thought she'd want a space to do that but, after helping with the shed she's mentioned that she'd like to try to make some simple furniture.

I was hoping to get her interested in inlay work. I don't have the patience for it and, as my main interest is in guitar building, it would be nice to get some fancy fingerboards made.

dh7892":3pn2zfhk said:
Normally I'd agree but (luckily for me) she's not like that!

I'm not one of these blokes that wants a shed to escape to. In fact, I'd like nothing better than to have her around when I'm down there. She did some stained glass at night school a few years ago so I thought she'd want a space to do that but, after helping with the shed she's mentioned that she'd like to try to make some simple furniture.

I was hoping to get her interested in inlay work. I don't have the patience for it and, as my main interest is in guitar building, it would be nice to get some fancy fingerboards made.

Good luck to you mate :wink: you have a good one there.

Cheers

Mike

Indeed. At the very least, if she doesn't want to get involved, she won't nag me for disappearing down the shed for hours.

I do still sometimes stuggle to get large purchases past her though so it's not all perfect!

Back