workshop build (THE GREEN MONSTER)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
well started to build my shop today first bit of decent weather we've had in ages.
not going to post pics :oops: doing to as cheap as pos, profiled sheets on outside,over 3x2 frames. have put down base today of 4x2 with 18mm OSB floor, plan to line it out eventually will post pic when roof is on :)

See a picture is worth a thousand words, especially to those of us with no imagination.
Keep 'em coming, guarantee you'll get more comments.

Dom :)

its 5m x 3 m old shed was 6x3 but SWMBO HAS SAID I CAN USE GARAGE ASWELL :D

i know its under the regs but the shed is on a raised piece of ground(about 2 foot) it looks massive from the main road outside. dont want any probs with it near the house . think i'm gonna drop the ridge by 300mm. is it the right thing to do????

Can you give me an idea of the prices of the profiled sheets on the outside..looking good 8)

i used to be indicisive but now im not sure :D
gonna sleep on it would love to insulate and clad the inside but funds are bit tight will have to see?

lugo35":1umu2dzp said:
i know its under the regs but the shed is on a raised piece of ground(about 2 foot) it looks massive from the main road outside. dont want any probs with it near the house . think i'm gonna drop the ridge by 300mm. is it the right thing to do????

Don't you need to be 3 feet from your boundary? I seem to remember the last shed I build had to have that gap.
MBK

MilkyBarKid":eb1d6jvd said:
lugo35":eb1d6jvd said:

Don't you need to be 3 feet from your boundary? I seem to remember the last shed I build had to have that gap.
MBK

Page 2 of my local authority's planning regs doc: http://www.eppingforestdc.gov.uk/Librar ... nning3.pdf

Looks like you're right. The workshop could be this distance away, but it doesn't look like it - could well be an optical illusion due to using the wideangle lens, though.

S

Edit:

OLD":eb1d6jvd said:

From this link: "No point is less than one metre from a boundary."

So it's a national thing, not just my local authority.

S

my baby girls feet are quite small :)
last shed was alot closer than this one is, but i guess its only a problem if someone complains

So what material is it clad with ?

Neither Planning Permission or Building Regulation approval is required provided that:

No point is less than one metre from a boundary.

Because it says 1 metre,and also says:-

Building Regulations do state that structures built of combustible material (i.e. a wooden shed) must be at least 2 metres from the main house.

2 metres if combustible :?

Andrew (slightly confused by the regulations,but glad he built his workshop out of brick..)

powertool its clad with steel sheets.
well gonna lease as is size wise . as for the 1m from boundary, about 90% of the houses along the road have a shed tight to the fence. addmittedely not as big but some far from pretty :?
as for the build rain stopped play today :(

well no move as yet on the shed. OSB floor isnt looking to good with all this rain :cry: finger crossed for good weather 2moz try get the roof on

Back