Workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jg.mit

Reaction score
I guess it depends on the kind of work you have in mind. That would be ok for general DIY and you can fit a metalworking vice to it but it would be awkward to fit it with a woodworking vice. Being clip together it will not be rigid enough for hand tool woodwork.
Regards
John

What Orraloon says is correct.
It's more an assembly table than bench. You'd need some extra bracing or to attach it to
a wall for extra stability.
The top looks like 1/2" MDF. You'd need to add some bulk to that regardless of what kind of work
you'll be doing.

You’d definitely want some extra meat on the top if you’re doing anything other than assembly. Some of the clip together benches have bracing under the shelves, though you’ll probably find you want to bulk it up. Also, be careful where you use it. I had a couple in an unheated shed I was using for storage and just the weight of my drills/router etc bowed the mdf top and shelf very quickly.
For the cost, I’d be tempted to make one from a couple of sheets of ply and some studwork. Then you’ll be able to fit whatever you want in terms of vice/etc.

Here are plans for a very simple bench.
You can even build it without any joinery at all and it would still work fine for all woodworking projects.
Just using glue, screws and bolts.
workbench.jpg

Back