Workbench envy...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

Established Member
Reaction score
Lord Nibbo's workbench workbench was, I believe, probably the most envy inducing on this site. And then there is those handmade expensive ones too. Well, they've both been eclipsed...

I spent a whole six hours, yes 6 hours (most of which was spent searching through the wood store for parts) making my new bench and it cost me exactly £0. I had the good fortune to move in to a home where the previous owners thought that the main bedroom should have "exposed" beams.:roll:

You'll notice that it is well glued and has some good joints done to it before I got bored/nervous about discovering buried nails. At one point I got my square out but quickly put it away again.

Ta da..............

:lol:

nice - mine cost about the same , i must post some pics ( two frames of oak fence rail - recovered bits after a car crashed through a fence, some mdf out of a skip, and a chest of drawers off freecycle)

Excellent result Matt. Fancy workbenches are all well and good (and I am guilty of going down this route) but its what you make on them that counts

Isn't it really fun when you get something useful for nothing!

Mine actually earned me money....I was being paid at work for the two oak doors I took out....of the skip!

Like you..I was able to design it exactly as I wanted it...not how somebody in some far fetched clime thinks I wanted it.

Nice one mate!

Jim

I always make mine out of old worktops I take out of old houses and old fence posts, mind you my workshop looks like a mix of fashion from the 60s, 70s, 80's and even a very small piece of 2010 granite!

It resembles something from a "changing rooms" makeover but free!

Willis":vcmojsos said:
I always make mine out of old worktops I take out of old houses and old fence posts, mind you my workshop looks like a mix of fashion from the 60s, 70s, 80's and even a very small piece of 2010 granite!

It resembles something from a "changing rooms" makeover but free!

Same sort of style here lol

Latest posts

Back