Work required in W.Mids/ Staffs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

It has been a sad day today, the company I joined 9 months ago has hit financial difficulties, and I've been made redundant.

I've got 7 years experience with an NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry & Joinery. I have experience in bespoke joinery, cabinet making and shopfitting.

I am posting on here in case anyone from the West Midlands or Staffordshire area, either works for or has a workshop business, that they may require someone like me in.

It's a bit of a long shot I know, but it's worth a try anyway.

Thanks,
Simon

Simon, sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation, I have been in similar straights in the past.
What I have done to get a new position is to take a portfolio of my previous work and a copy of my C.V. etc and go around every joinery company/wood based employer in the area and ask if they would see me on the off chance they needed someone or may need me in the near future.
Get out there first before anyone else from your prior place does, it pays to be pro-active.

I wish you well.
Rob.

Sorry to hear the news Simon....

What Rob says is spot on! A lot of people think the internet will be a solution to their problems and sites such as this might prove to be. However, there is nothing better than legwork...smile...be confident but not over cocky and finally...keep trying.

Your posting here proves your calibre and worth....you will be fine I am sure.

Let us know how you get on...I wish you all the luck in the world.

Jim

How far are you willing to travel/can you relocate??

I work for an Archtectural Joinery company in Pershore, Worcestershire and we are quite busy at the moment.

let me know if you're interested and I'll send you some contact details

Thanks for all the support and advice. I have starting applying for jobs already advertised and just been for my first interview. I am going to compile a list of the local firms for next week, when I will go calling in and showing off my portfolio.

Thanks for the offer Tim, and it would be perfect if it was slightly closer to me, as I have been doing 20miles+ to Stourbridge, and even a few days site work at Worcester University. However, as a full time job it is a bit too far unfortunatley for me.

Just an update, a few hours later after the interview...

Got a phone call at about 2.30pm and I start on Monday morning! :D

Well done mate, how long were you actually out of work?

Congrats m8, good to know thier is still someone out their who needs you! I mean your skills that is,, :D

Cheers

Dave

JoinerySolutions":1126pmlw said:
Here's to your early xmas pressy :ho2 :eek:ccasion5:

Rob.

Santa emoticon in November what next?
I had my first mince pie yesterday. :lol:

Gary":8g0ltulm said:
JoinerySolutions":8g0ltulm said:
Here's to your early xmas pressy :ho2 :eek:ccasion5:

Rob.

Santa emoticon in November what next?
I had my first mince pie yesterday. :lol:

We brought my girlfriend's shop a christmas tree today, I'm guessing it's going up over the weekend! :roll:

Thanks for all the support everyone! I am quite lucky I think as I know theres alot of people out there looking for jobs and haven't been as fortunate as myself.

joiner_sim":37l5tkrq said:
Thanks for all the support everyone! I am quite lucky I think as I know theres alot of people out there looking for jobs and haven't been as fortunate as myself.

Sim, the reason for you good luck could be simple. There are many your age who can't be pineappled to go out and look for work. Simple cause you're not one of them. :wink:

Well Done Simon,

When I read your first post I struggled to think of something constructive to say, failed, and posted nought :oops:

Really pleased to hear that you have found work so quickly. Just goes to show that folks with skills are in demand.

I just wish my son had listen to our advice to work hard at school. He has been without work for 18 months in the no experience- no job loop.

Good luck

Bob

Back