Worcestershire Bash-3rd September

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Chris! Some of those topics seem interesting!

Looking forward to it folks, not too long now! :D

I won't be able to make the Bash.

It looks like it will be a good day, I hope those that do attend have a great time.

Malc

Chaps,
May I provisionally book, dependent upon child care?
If that is too difficult, I totally understand and I will just see if I can get childcare sorted for certain or cry-off.
Cheers
Greg

The Shark":1kc8w1er said:
I won't be able to make the Bash.

It looks like it will be a good day, I hope those that do attend have a great time.

Malc
Sorry it's turned out that way Malc, sometimes work has a habit of getting in the way.

I'm afraid i'm not going to be able to attend either. My work have messed up my off-duty, so i'm on nights. Grrr....
Have a lovely time all, i'll see you next time!

Gents
In my quest to negotiate with HQ, I need to know roughly the start and end times of the Worcs Bash.
Could someone give me an idea?
And also, do we bring food / is food easily purchasable / etc?
Thanks in advance
Greg

What are the numbers looking like, I just realised that its only an hour and a millithou (thats impetric engineering terminology) up the road from me, I may well be able to abscond from the wife and kids for the day and say hello next week. Might bring my skew along for the ride and have everyone laugh and point at the sharpening on it whilst chuckling at why I can't use it :p

Hi Greg and Simon

I suggest 10am-4pm would suit most people, as some are traveling some distance. The general plan is for folk to bring along their own food to do a BBQ - we have one here so please bring your bangers and rolls etc. We have tea, coffee and milk here so do bring your own beer if you want to drink anything else. We are just 1.5 miles outside Upton Upon Severn where there is a decent Co-Op and Spar supermarket plus butchers, bakers etc.

It will be good to see you all next week .
Cheers Peter

Hi All

Can I request that the people that are intending to come along to the Bash reply to this post to confirm their attendance. Apologies for asking again but a few people have dropped out and a couple that had planned to come now have work commitments etc., so I have lost track of the numbers.

I think there will be about 8-10 of us on the day so plenty of room for more if anyone else is interested.

Cheers Peter

Hi Peter,

I am in and my 10 and 8 year-olds, who have both started to learn to use the lathe, would like to come too. I can vouch for their behaviour and assure you they fully understand the importance of health and safety, etc. I would keep them with me the whole time.

If that is OK, please let me know. Likewise, if they aren't welcome, I need to know in advance.

Many thanks,
Greg

gregmcateer":3nd46t4n said:
Hi Peter,

I am in and my 10 and 8 year-olds, who have both started to learn to use the lathe, would like to come too. I can vouch for their behaviour and assure you they fully understand the importance of health and safety, etc. I would keep them with me the whole time.

If that is OK, please let me know. Likewise, if they aren't welcome, I need to know in advance.

Many thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg

Sorry to be a bore but the School's insurance only covers us for over 18's. Hope you can still make it on your own, and pass on your experiences from the day to your youngsters ...

Cheers

Peter

I am hoping to come along - if you will accept an absolute turning newby (I dont even have a lathe yet - hopefully rectified next week).
I should know in the next couple of days whether I will have a car available to come in. I hope so, as I would love to see what you guys are capable of first hand. Also, the "bring and buy" would be useful to me if anybody has any old chisels etc. They could bring that I could buy to get me started.
Will let you know for definite ASAP.
Simon

Back