woodworking noise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thank you for all the discussion points raised with this question.

i beleive (and hope) that i am a considerate neighbour....and i do think of the consequences of firing up a piece of machinery, even during say a week day afternoon...if i'm off work.
This is why i asked the question and also why i have taken the initiative to contact the council for advice.....

but just a heads up as to what i'm dealing with.....
Sometime ago i made and installed a cupboard on the top stairs landing. To fix some battens to the wall i used a masonary hammer drill...drilled 6 holes....this was done @ 11am one sat morning....
He waited till monday when i was in work to knock on the door to complain to my wife that he had screws coming out of his wall on his top landing at what the hell was i going to do about it.....

Well, knocked on his door that night to ask to see WTF he was talking about......
old terrace....twin brick walls...cavity between them and at least 1" plaster my side and 1" plaster his side....that makes an easy 10"...i used 60mm screws :shock: :shock:
He wouldn't let me in saying "not convienient"...so tried next day....

Someone in past history had artexed the wall on his landing and what he said was screw heads was the stippeling of the artex....
Hassen to say i left rather quickly and with a few choice word....

i have more stories...but not for today.....

Nick

Latest posts

Back