Woodworker Biographys?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyone

Established Member
Reaction score
I was curious to find out if there has been any biography's written by woodworkers or about woodworkers. I have had a look on the internet but not really found anything useful and i was wondering if any one knew of any books like this. Anything will be helpful.

Thanks
Woody. :D

Norm Abrams book 'Measure twice, cut once' is partly autobiographical and is quite a good read.

I also enjoyed Toshio Odates book on Japanese woodworking tools, which has some aurobiographical anecdotes scattered through the text. Thinking about it, George Nakashimas book is similar as well.

Cheers, Ed

There's always the book by a little known shipwright / chair maker from Wales, - john Brown, then ther's a few semi bios by jim Tolpen, theres a few more but I am nowhere near my library to assist any further.

ps I second the book on George Nakashima's life and woodworoking ethos.

HS figuring out what to do next.

Thanks for the help i have had a look into these books and quite liked the look of Krenov's books and noticed that he has written a fair few. Any one got a favorite or one that they enjoyed the most.

Thanks

Woody.

Back