Woodturning big bash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Seeing has how there is now two basically Hand tool big bashes happening now this year,would it be a good idea to have one for woodturners.
Any volunteers :shock:
Paul.J.

Yes!

Just need to please some of the people some of the time with dates and venues :wink:

As I've said in the General forum, have lathe will travel...

What's with all this separatist stuff already?

If someone would like to bring a lathe to my Bash, they, and the rest of you Wierd Spinny People would be more than welcome. And I'm sure the same goes for Wierd Northern Spinny People at Steve's bash - if you insist on geographical separatism. :wink:

EDIT: Next thing those Scrollsaw people will be doing their own bash. :roll:

Either sounds good to me, depending on dates etc. Be good to meet some of you guys and pick all those expert brains. Just don't expect me to dismantle my lathe and drag it down from the attic 'cos that is beyond the call of duty :lol:

Pete

Hi Nick
did you not see the suggestion of multiple venues...

Twasn't my idea for a turners bash but i'm happy to support it.

... In the same way that turners are welcomed at any bash, I'd expect that routers and flat chisel pushers would be welcome :wink:

I'd have loved to bring me lathe to your bash (it's a lot closer than northern climes) it's a long way from and to France! :lol:

have lathe will travel... too good an opportunity to convert some flat chisel pushers :lol: :lol:

Nick W":ulzaoupj said:

If someone would like to bring a lathe to my Bash, they, and the rest of you Wierd Spinny People would be more than welcome. And I'm sure the same goes for Wierd Northern Spinny People at Steve's bash - if you insist on geographical separatism. :wink:

EDIT: Next thing those Scrollsaw people will be doing their own bash. :roll:

Or they could come to your bash have a play on the Legacy and get converted :lol: :lol:

Andy just getting my coat

I look at this way - if we have separatist bashes how the heck can the hand toolers infect the turners, the turners infect the scrollers, the scrollers infect the Normites etc etc. I thought the whole point was to spread the disease...? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

NickW wrote
Nick i think you'll find that the seperatist stuff was started by someone wanting to make your event a hand tool event,which is why i asked the question."Is it going to be just an hand tool event."
To which your reply was just bring any old tool.
And seeing how most of the replies to your event,and Steves do seem to be hand tool orientated i just thought that this doesn't interest me and would see if anyone else felt the same.Hence the WT BB.
I cant see what's wrong with having individual events seeing as how we correspond with our own forums mainly day in day out,and to see some of the people who we do correspond with would i thought be a good idea.
Just my own personal views Nick.
I'm sure your event will be a great success and that you will get plenty of forum members who will enjoy seeing some hand tools.But it's not for me. :(

Paul.J.

Paul,

Yep, I've found the suggestion; that Mr. Chapman - what a naughty boy eh? But it was only suggested as a possibility. Personally I would not wish to be in any way exclusive. Any member of The Forum is welcome to attend, and I shall be upset if there aren't any turners there. In my mental plan I already have a space reserved for turning demos - just can't do anything about it myself, not having a lathe and all.

Well not much response with this idea. :shock:
So perhaps best left to the other two bashes.
Thanks Graham/Chris/Pete.
Paul.J.

Don't give up just yet Paul, I still think it would be a good idea to have some kind of do over this side of the country. Cambridge, the nearest to me is still a heck of a long way to travel. I am sure that there are enough of us more to the west to make it worth while. Let's wait and see if anyone else responds.

Pete

I'm guessing that few of us have the workshop space, let alone car parking space, to host any kind of big bash :shock:

The idea of a turners bash is not separatist just severely practical :wink:

If anyone's up for the idea just send me a pm... if you're able to accomodate more than three peeps (anymore in my 'shop' would be a safety issue :roll: ) please let me know...

Well, just for the record I would like to see some turning at Nicks Cambridge 'do' I'm doing a bit now, but have a lot to learn, also I have to plan a long way in advance 'cos I'm normally not in England.

So, if you have lathe & can travel, please do, you'll have at least one member glued to your every word :)

Sorry losos... unfortunately I'll be on the continent at the time of Nick's bash otherwise I'd be happy to oblige...

With a bit of luck I'll be at Steve Maskery's bash on 21st Jul in the Nottingham area :D

Watch this space fo a mini-bash...

Latest posts

Back