Woodcraft Weekend at National Botanic Gardens, Wales

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any other uk workshop members arrive today, do say, I have no idea what anyone looks like.

Quick (and only one I have!) from yesterday just before the show opened.

Sat%2Bdisplay-s.jpg

KimG":3lmclgl2 said:
I can't believe you were there and never said who you were Derek! I would have been delighted to know. The High gloss is pretty resilient, you have to scratch it or ding it with something hard before it marks, so the bubble wrap is fine. So, which one were you then? Got a pic, I might at least remember then.

If I had been there I would have definitely had a good chin wag. Sorry I miss lead you by not saying that I saw a picture on another forum of your stand. It is a little bit far for me to travel unfortunately.

Ah, I understand Derek, I did get the wrong end of that stick!

I enjoyed meeting at least two other forum members anyway, Wayne and another guy who I seem to have persuaded to part with his cash, but although you told me your name, alas it has gone into whatever ether bad memory takes it! Still very enjoyable meeting and talking with you guys.

Altogether the show was very successful, I'm pretty sure I managed to convince a few people to have a go at the colouring anyway. If you're one of them, do post up some pictures of the results!

I really enjoyed the show today. Didn't have enough time to chat but was very impressed with the finish on your work KimG.
Bought a chuck for my coronet lathe which I can't wait to try and a few chisels. I thought there would be more segmented bowl turnings there tbh. Maybe I'll do a stall next year. Lol.

Hi KimG

The other guy was me, and you made me part my my cash for the staining starter pack... Damn you!!! :p

I am looking forward to trying them out though :)

Thanks for taking the time to chat to both myself and SWMBO, it was lovely to chat to you and I hope we meet again soon :)

Gareth

Nice one Gareth, it was great to meet you both and have a chat, I won't apologise for your spendthrift behaviour though, I'm sure you'll soon think of it as a great opportunity not passed up! :D

Hi Kim, and actually hi to all as this is my first post, had a great day at the show and would like to say thanks for taking the time to explain some of you techniques to me, your turning and colour work is fantastic, only just come in from my freezing workshop but using my new proedge took my mind of the cold. Great to meat you, Wayne

Hi Kim, you will probably tempt me to part with some of my meagre pension!,. Timberman at the show persuaded me to part with quite a lot as I purchase a Pro edge from them
Russell

Nice to see you on the Forum Wayne, post up some of your stuff once you get going, it'll be nice to see it. It's all spend Alder, but you do at least get hours of fun for your money! :)

I'm hoping it won't be a one-off, Kim should certainly be snapped up by clubs for demos, I'm certainly hoping to be able to entice him away to work with us again!

My biggest problem with any demos is distance, This weekend was great because it's only 40 miles away, I could easily commute each day, but most places that host event seem to be well outside of Wales, never mind Pembrokeshire, that means additional expense for travel etc, so while I am willing enough to do a demo or two, it would usually have to be within range. Thanks for that vote of confidence Terry, I'd enjoy working with you again.

KimG":1n0mp4d9 said:
My biggest problem with any demos is distance, This weekend was great because it's only 40 miles away, I could easily commute each day, but most places that host event seem to be well outside of Wales, never mind Pembrokeshire, that means additional expense for travel etc, so while I am willing enough to do a demo or two, it would usually have to be within range. Thanks for that vote of confidence Terry, I'd enjoy working with you again.

It would be a shame in one respect but totally understandable in the other :wink:

Back