Wood thingy show in Leicestershire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Lurker

I will try and drag the wife and kids along!

Pete

Hi, Lurker

I will run it by the wife tonight and let you know.

Pete

I'm going to leave the window open "accidentally", and see if I get a comment from the wife... :oops:

Hope to, just have to get the money to charley for a badge... :roll: Sorry, been busy spending "real" dosh elsewhere!

Mailman14":3shqlspn said:
Hope to, just have to get the money to charley for a badge... :roll: Sorry, been busy spending "real" dosh elsewhere!
Best make that Wizer, supplier of badges.

Love to go but working.

I went last Year with the Wife and we both enjoyed it, I seen Pete walking around although he may not have seen me, also seen Bean on his stall, well worth a visit.

Hi Martin

Was going to e-mail you & ask. Shame you can't make it but those crisps don't make themselves!!

Anyone know if Bean will be there this year?
Have not seen or heard from him for a while.

Anyway, if anyone is going we could have a meet up and also a follow on with a session at my place ????

I'd love to go but will be in Yorkshire. I've been the last couple of years and it's been a nice old-fashioned day out. Very enjoyable.
S

Hi,

We will be going and taking a picnic and making a day of it, looks like there are more things on this year. If you see me pop over and say hello I am terrble with faces and names.

Pete

I checked the forcast yesterday & it said 80% precipitation. just checked again and is as you say Martin.

Glad I won't be stuck at work :twisted:

I'm going, found out yesterday that I was "allowed" a day off... Having been nice and let SWMBO have a lie in and a car boot trawl this morning on her own!

So, to recognise me - you should look for a guy in a leather hat and chainmail waistcoat... You'll spot it, and go "WTF is he wearing that for?" and then the penny will drop (I hope!) Seeing as I haven't poster WIZER the money - hope to soon sir, for a badge :oops:

Planning on making it a full day of attendance if possible (i.e. if I can drag my butt out of bed early enough!)

See you there, if you're going folks.

Well, I went...

Did anyone else go?

Spent up, but stil carrie don walking round. Well worth the effort - the Axe men were hilarious! Got in about 10.07 a.m. and left after closing time... :oops: I really must get an alarm set for this type of day out. Really enjoyed walking round trying my hand at basket weaving (twice)m willow whistle making (two attempts), seeing an "Alaskan mini-mill" in operation - they even set it up especially for me! plenty of tool stores to look at and cough over the prices... (£45.00 for a FORK?), got two gouges for my mini lathe - £2.00 each - think that's todays' bargain. Carvers showing their stuff off, turners, pole lathes by the handful, hurdle / fence making weaving out of hazel / willow - great to see. British Trust for Conservation Volunteers may have a new member quite shortly.

TIP:
If you don't like the smell of lavender, DON'T try a lavender biscuit... :sick:

Latest posts

Back