wood rotation on a dovetail jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musomaniac

Established Member
Reaction score
now that I've set up my dovetail correctly , I'm ready to have a go at making a box , does anyone know what the proceedure is for rotating the boards once the left and right pins and tails are cut

musomaniac":3axfwzaf said:
now that I've set up my dovetail correctly , I'm ready to have a go at making a box , does anyone know what the proceedure is for rotating the boards once the left and right pins and tails are cut

Depends on the jig.

I would like some good suggestions from users of the jig as to how not to get plastered with the dust and shavings. Did think about standing behind the b-----------y thing.

You could perhaps fit some sort of dust collection cowling to the base of the router. This is something I've been thinking about for ages but never got round to making one. Essentially it'll be a open sided box to fit to the router base somehow and covering as much as possible without fouling the jig. (A possibility for attachment it so use the guide rods) The shape will be such to catch the chippings as they are flung off the cutter. Opposite the open side or on the underside will be a connection for the extractor hose.

mseries":gpmi88cw said:
You could perhaps fit some sort of dust collection cowling to the base of the router. This is something I've been thinking about for ages but never got round to making one. Essentially it'll be a open sided box to fit to the router base somehow and covering as much as possible without fouling the jig. (A possibility for attachment it so use the guide rods) The shape will be such to catch the chippings as they are flung off the cutter. Opposite the open side or on the underside will be a connection for the extractor hose.

What it needs is the same set up that I had on my sand blaster cabinet Where one put ones hands through the front holes with good tight cuffs.
What a caper and expense,( expence) :lol:

Back