Wood LCD moisture meter for £10 from Westphalia

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddsocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I was looking at various sites via the quidco.co.uk discount page. Westfalia give 6% (screwfix used to but don't anymore) and they have this moisture meter reduced to £9.99. I've not used it but it looks good enough for general use...Has anyone used one of these?

http://www2.westfalia.net/shops/ele...es/360045-moisture_measuring_device_0_60_.htm

There are plenty of other interesting items on the site, and on top of that 6% discount if accessed via quidco.co.uk

I've got an identical moisture meter, sold under the 'Kamasa' brand. It looked very convenient at first, being pocket-sized, and the readings averaged about 2% higher on wood than a more expensive meter... One day (only a couple of weeks after buying it), I was pushing it in to some beech when one of the pins bent over and, since then, the readings have been going off the scale (>30%)! :x So, I'm now ready to bin it, with the batteries dying on me as well. :( I did try re-filing the damaged pin (why, I don't know?! :roll:) but that was to no avail.

At £10, you may still consider it to be worth a punt... I payed double that on eBay. :(

EDIT to add - if you sign up to Screwfix's weekly e-mails, they also include a 10% discount voucher every week! 8)

Thanks Olly

I've already got the 'barrel' type of meter so don't need another one but thought the price was good. With the barrel one (sold by axminster and others) you can get replacement pins :)

I get the screwfix mails and vouchers but don't always need to spend the £50 to qualify hence look and use the links via quidco (even machinemart is linked).
Dave

Back