Wood filler

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanf

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got some small doorframe and skirting dents to fix in our new house. I have previously used Everbuild Multipurpose Wood Fiiler, but as I need some new stock thought I would ask for your suggestions in case I am missing a better product for this. I have seen two part fillers that need to be mixed up, is there any advantage to these over a ready to use product such as the Everbuild one? Looking for something that is easy to apply then sands and paints well

Thanks

Sean

Have you tried an iron and a damp towel you'd be amazed at the size of dints that it gets out

Thank you all, I’ll check out your suggestions

Sean

Painted p38 or one of the others as there is a very fine one used as final fill on cars etc but on oil finished/varnished etc do with the wood one which comes in a few colours to match oak/pine and others there all the same gear just wood ones come tinted

For many dents I use the hot iron and wet towel trick. It’s great!

For filling work I have used Durhams Water putty. Used it to add fillets to wood casting patterns. Comes as a powder and mixes with water. It’s a great general purpose filler.

Been around for over 80 years and not as messy as some epoxy fillers.

Also Mohawk makes colored expoxy putties. Slice of a chunk and kneed the two colors together. Great stuff but does not take color well.

And then there is the go to for painted wood work. Auto body filler. We used lots of bondo on poplar painted commercial fitment. Don’t be afraid of using it on painted woodwork. Works great esp in fixing mistakes.

Back