Wood Burning - Lichtenberg transformer - Cancel This!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
I would like to try this method of wood marking and wonder if anyone can lend me or sell me a 'neon' burner. I say specifically neon, as against microwave, as the higher power in microwaves is far more dangerous.

Alternatively, can anyone offer advice on using the neon transformer, possibly showing results they have obtained. Many thanks

PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES.

Wasn’t a member of this site accidentally killed trying this technique?

Maybe I’m misremembering, but the lovely fellow that made the holdfasts...Rich?

I sometimes mash two stories together in my subconscious, so apologies if I got this wrong.

Worth noting AWGB advice / position on this. Any piece decorated in this way is not allowed for show under AWGB banner / clubs.

However, given you’re duly warned and a big boy now, there are plenty of ‘how to’ videos on YouTube that show you how to go about it.

Simon

I'm not usually one for fussing over health and safety but this technique is genuinely dangerous for experienced individuals, let alone the inexperienced weekend warrior.

As SVB said, many clubs and associations will not allow Lichtenberg figures to be shown due to the risk involved with the procedures and do not want to be seen promoting dangerous techniques.

It's not really worth risking your life over a hobby.

Thanks guys, points noted. I did realise this may have been a problem although I was not aware that the results had been banned in some places. Perhaps in hindsight, it may be best to end this request, so no more replies please.

I read the story about the guy who was doing this and killed himself in his shed workshop, very dangerous, steer well clear.

Back