Womens Tour de France - Nicole Cooke of Wales WINS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

After all of the msery endured by England on the sporting field, I am proud to let you know about a Welsh winner.

Well done Nicole Cooke, a fantastic achievement on winning.

Cheers
Neil

Yes Neil, what a cracking performance =D> Britain has some really good, world-class racing cyclists at the moment, both male and female. Pity the sport isn't watched by many non-cyclists - it would give them something to feel good about after the depressing performances in the so-called national sports :wink:

Paul

I heard an interview with Nicole Cooke this morning on one of the BBC radio stations. Toward the end of the interview she was asked what could be done to raise the profile of cycling in general and women's cycling in particular. I can't remember her full response, but she responded by saying that obviously reporting results of races would be a start. Immediately after the interview, they did a sports report with no mention of the results of yesterday's stage in the TDF--the biggest race in the calendar. :roll: :? (homer)

Brad

Couldn't agree more, Brad. Similarly, when Chris Boardman (one of the commentators during the ITV4 coverage of the Tour de France) broke the World Hour Record a few years ago, it was one of the greatest rides ever. We should have been shouting from the rooftops at his achievement, but it hardly got a mention other than in the cycling press.

We have so many World-class sports people in this country but hardly anyone knows about it - all very sad :cry: :cry:

Anyway, to end on a positive note - the ITV4 coverage of the Tour de France at 7pm each day is very good, so I hope people are watching 8) 8) 8)

Paul

Yep, been a fan since Big Mig a few years back, there is also live coverage at the weekend on ITV3.

Andy

Back