Wilson Rip Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apn

Reaction score
I've recently bought an old 20" Wilson rip saw which seems like a nice machine. Does anybody know where I could get hold of a manual for it?

Thanks for your help.

20"??
What are you going to use to spin that around? I don't think a single phase motor would be up to the job.

K

Not sure about a manual, but I believe the rule of new old machinery is that you have to put a picture of it on here

I see. Not Black and Decker then.(Although it does look a bit like a B&D from the side, or perhaps it's NuTool I'm thinking of here).

Do you have a 3-phase supply or are you are using an inverter / rotary converter? I use a single to 3 phase inverter which gives variable speed as well as 3 phase and it's brilliant. Only handles about 2 HP though. A 20" saw blade is way outside my league.
Do you think you'll use it to full capacity, whatever that is - about 8" depth of cut? Serious stuff.

K

You really need to drive that with an old hopper-cooled Lister diesel :D . Makes a lovely musical combination, the singing of the saw and the percussion from the Lister!

I'm lucky enough to have a proper 3 phase supply so no issues with powering it. Depth of cut is about 6.5" which sadly isn't quite enough for some of the timber I have to cut.

20" blade is not really that big a pk has an 18". Does that saw have a tilting blade or just raise. Thee fence looks the same as a sagar saw I once had.

Latest posts

Back