Which router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rovers63

Reaction score
Apologies of this has been asked before, but which is the best router for attaching to a router table?
Or is this one of those how long is a piece of string questions.

I like the look of the Trend T5.

Thanks

The best is probably one of the Triton ones or Trend T11 which are intended for under table use with features that allow access from above the table. A half inch machine will be best. Trend T5 will work OK, for years I used a Elu MOF96E which is what the T5 is based on and it's fine.

It depends on what you plan to do with it. A T5 will limit you to smaller cutters of course.
I had a DW625 in mine and it was great, but then I had a Router Raizer and Xtreme Xtension with it. It is an excellent combo. I have very kindly been given a T11, which I shall install shortly, and again fit a RR and XX.

But a MOF96 clone will be fine if you are doing only small stuff.

Another vote for the TRA001; very impressed with it so far. Well suited to under table use.

I have had a Makita 3612 c (1/2") mounted under my Jessem table for years now and have had good results, the speed control and locking button are easy to access and it is a good solid machine.

Anything with Elu written on it would be good, there are a couple of good OF97E (8mm - 1/4") on the you know where at the moment so might be worth a look.

I have had one of those for years and is generally my weapon of choice.

Merlin

Back