Which laser level for flooring and general use is best?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meccarroll

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have some raised flooring to install 'Durabella', it's the type that stands on individual pedestals which are adjusted by packers, it's a grid system built up of spaced pods with battens on the pods then chipboard screwed to the battens .

I am considering purchasing a laser line level to assist with setting the flooring both level and square. I will probably use the laser after for when I am fitting kitchens and bedroom units etc.

I have initially took a fancy to the DEWALT DW088KD CROSS LINE LASER WITH DE0892 Detector, which I can buy for £219 inc del and vat, which seems a very good deal. But as the floor is will need to be both level and square I think a three line laser such as the DeWalt DW089KD Multiline Laser With Detector may be a better purchase. I can buy the DeWalt DW089KD three line laser for £360 inc vat and del. it's a bit more money but could be helpful in saving time.

I want a detector so I can use the laser outdoors in bright conditions and if purchased with a laser it's generally a much better deal.

What are the pitfalls etc of my intended purchase?

Are there any similar priced alternatives that anyone can recommend.

Mant thank's to all who reply.

Mark

Probably Not a lot of help to you, but, when I was on metal stud partitions and suspended ceilings, Because of the cost, I hired or rented mine as at the time a £1000. for an accurate laser and trying to keep it from being stolen was too much of a concern.
If you have the work for one then it should make YOU money, so get the best you can afford, always pays in the end!
As the work I do now can be within the usual 4mm on 2mtr's, I just use a Stabilla cheapie
Regards Rodders

blackrodd":2pamp697 said:
Probably Not a lot of help to you, but, when I was on metal stud partitions and suspended ceilings, Because of the cost, I hired or rented mine as at the time a £1000. for an accurate laser and trying to keep it from being stolen was too much of a concern.
If you have the work for one then it should make YOU money, so get the best you can afford, always pays in the end!
As the work I do now can be within the usual 4mm on 2mtr's, I just use a Stabilla cheapie
Regards Rodders

Thank's I appreciate that tools can be stolen, I had a battery taken from my drill case just a couple of days ago, thankfully it was old and nearly out of useful life but still a warning shot that some people have no scruples. Whatever I buy will be put away after use as a matter of course.

Mark

Does one actually need a rotating laser? I was looking at this one which is much cheaper at £149

http://www.yorksurvey.co.uk/instruments ... laser.html

photo4462.jpg

RogerS":1mkbjgo5 said:
Does one actually need a rotating laser? I was looking at this one which is much cheaper at £149

http://www.yorksurvey.co.uk/instruments ... laser.html

photo4462.jpg

The problem with this model i see, is 1mm out on 5mtrs. 6mm at 30mtrs, I would think is not good enough for many jobs on site work today. Rodders

edit. the supermarket plenums( where the sales ceiling meets the bakery, or fish sales area) at the last sainsbury store I worked on had to be +or- 2mm on 90mtrs bakery front and 50mtrs on the fish sales area. Rodders

Back