Which face shield?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHc1vtr+

Established Member
Reaction score
New to wood turning and have mostly been turning pens. I am thinking of practising bowl turning with some scrap logs i have.

After reading about some of the accidents that have occurred, i should probably ditch the safety glasses and invest in a face shield.

Could anyone provide any info on which ones are best please? Do the mesh chainsaw ones offer more protection than the polycarbonate?

Regards, Ian.

Chainsaw face shields are designed to protect you from flying chainsaw chain as well as bits of wood.
The mesh can become clogged with dust, restricting your vision.

Z

Thank's for the link, quite reasonable for the price, lungs are taken care of, that was the first piece of kit bought.

+1 for Trend Airshield. But also get a set of ear defenders. IMO they help to keep the unit on your head as well as protecting the ears. Sounds a bit silly, but I find it 200% more comfortable with the ear defenders than without. The head band can be a lot looser, and it stops it moving around when you look down.

I have just bought a Honeywell Turboshield which is very nice. Only available through Arco in the UK.

BM

Latest posts

Back