Which dovetail saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boothie14

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a nice dovetail saw,but I have been unable to find one for under £60 that has 15 tpi,not 20 tpi.I dont really want 20tpi as I think actually sawing the wood would take forever!Does anyone know of a saw that is around 15tpi and is under £60?

The Pax Gents Saw may have 20 TPI (I think) but because they are rip-cut they do actually get through the wood at a reasonable rate. It leaves a clean cut, and it less than £20 from memory. I used to use a very fine tenon saw, but now reach for the Pax Gents Saw every time.

Mike

If you want a fine dovetail saw, why not try any of these. They cut on the pull stroke though but at the price charged, you could almost bin them and get a new one. Good enough for Robert Ingham btw :wink: - Rob

Another vote for the Veritas saw.

APTC & CHT are the same price for the coarser saw but CHT is £5 better value than APTC for the 20 tpi (may not be any use for you but I am sure it will be useful for someone's Xmas list).

S

woodbloke":32hbs02b said:
If you want a fine dovetail saw, why not try any of these. They cut on the pull stroke though but at the price charged, you could almost bin them and get a new one. Good enough for Robert Ingham btw :wink: - Rob
I've got a range of sizes in these, as you say almost disposable so thought I would try them out. The cut is quick, clean, easy and the kerf is paper thin. Does make a little more difficult to clear the waste though as they are miles thinner than my thinnest jewellers saw blade :wink:

I have this one and I love him, a Lie Nielsen.

Success Schummie.

ds_lg.jpg

I bought the Veritas 14tpi dovetail saw from Axminster earlier this year (£41.10)

I've not been disappointed its a great quality saw.

Latest posts

Back