Where to buy CMT router bits In UK or Italy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a CMT 85100211B router bit and can only find it here http://scosarg.com/cmt-851-bowl-and-tra ... -35-d.html

They won't send by Royal Mail and courier cost is £7.95. Total cost £38.34.

Amazon have one from an Italian (where CMT are made I think) supplier http://www.amazon.co.uk/851-002-11B-Rou ... B000P4O5YI but I am a little wary of purchasing from an unknown entity. Total cost £30.53.

If I am correct that Italy is where they are made then maybe I should try and get it whilst I am in Tuscany this summer. However I don't speak Italian so am unable to find out if this is possible.

Does anybody have any suggestions please?

Charlie Woody":320wo0yx said:
I maybe I should try and get it whilst I am in Tuscany this summer. However I don't speak Italian so am unable to find out if this is possible.
It could to be fun trying.
A bit of research before you go should give you some dealer locations, remember Google Chrome will translate web pages for you. A sat nav with European coverage will get you to their door.
Print out some pages of the cutters you want to wave at them and practice the translation of 'I'd like to buy a this' = "Mi piacerebbe comprare questo per favore" and you're off. The Italians nearly always seem a friendly, helpful lot and it could be a laugh for everyone concerned.

On the other hand, anyone you're travelling with might not see the entertainment value in spending half a day hauling through Italian industrial estates, they may not have stock of what you want and it may not be any cheaper than mail order within, or to, the UK anyway. I'd also guess that you'd have to go the less salubrious parts of Tuscany, I've not seen a tool shop in the nicer bits of Montepulciano or San Gimignano yet ;-/

If you do try, report back and tell us how it went.

Oh, and do try to learn a least a little Italian before you go, the locals are so appreciative of that that courtesy.

CMT cutters are excellent, but pricey in the UK. I've recently bought a couple from Italy, but they don't ship to the UK, an Italian friend of mine (from Legno) shipped them for me. Even with the two lots of shipping I did save quit a bit.

The place to go is the USA. Half the price we pay. It's very galling.

I do wish that Axi had not stopped selling them.

Steve Maskery":2i7frj5d said:
CMT cutters are excellent, but pricey in the UK. I've recently bought a couple from Italy, but they don't ship to the UK, an Italian friend of mine (from Legno) shipped them for me. Even with the two lots of shipping I did save quit a bit.

The place to go is the USA. Half the price we pay. It's very galling.

I do wish that Axi had not stopped selling them.

Aaaah so that's where I used to get CMT routers from! Well done Steve your memory is clearly better than mine.

Back