Where have these been all my life - reverse action tweezers !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found these clamps realy handy and if you want more pressure double the rubber band
20210710_144959.jpg
20210710_145049.jpg

All accords how big the splinters are. 😜
Seen it happen.

While at college out production/cabinet lecturer sanding some plywood forgot(he said) to have the paper at an angle to the edge of a piece of ply. The paper caught, lifted an edge and a splinter some 5" long stuck into the side of his hand. A hospital removal job too. Really nasty.

I worked on a civil eng. site. We used to slide down the steel shutters when working on them, and they had two inch triangular fillets of iirc utile to form the corners on the finished concrete. These were soaked in used oil saved from vehicle servicing etc. and one day I picked up a splinter that went through my palm and out between the knuckles. A week later I couldn't see the wound - for some weird reason it didn't infect.

A chap I worked with was clearing brush, throwing the stuff on a pile to be burnt. As a broken branch went past a broken twig about 10mm went through his earlobe. We took him to the doctor's branch and all.

I will one up you all, standing at the bottom of Kingsnorth power station chimney stack a 1/2" dia reinforcing rod fell from the top, went straight through the shoulder of the chap standing next too me and out through his pelvis, we cut it off above and below him and drove him an a flat bed to Guys, he survived as it missed all his major organs, except one lung, the surgeons said we saved his life by not trying to take the rod out.

Steel tang on a wire rope, took the glove and hand of the chap guiding it around the tripod pully, another hospital job, then there is ...........................could go on, but it's not about football so will be ignored for the most part, C'mon Cav, 40?

Back