Where can I find alternative supplier of T-Track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonidentity

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have ordered 42" T-Track from Rutlands.

Well so far it has not arrived. I ordered in early April. All goods arrived in dribs and drabs so far except the 3/4" T-Track.

They communicated to me that it should arrive in May but no goods.

Now that I chase them I am informed that it will arrive in their depot on the 20th June then get sent on.

I think I have been more than patient and I am considering cancelling that part of the order - so where else can I get this item?

Thanks in advance.

Axminster do 800mm Rousseau track for £17.46

Tilgear do 42" for £9.75+VAT. Don't know the maker/source

Hi,
I have bought T-track from:-
Email [email protected]

Telephone (Local Rate)Telephone
(9am — 6.30pm GMT Mon - Friday)
0845 165 9244
+44 (0)1491 629699

Wood Workers Workshop
Kidbys Yard,
28 Kennylands Road,
Sonning Common,
Oxfordshire,
RG4 9JT
England

They claim to be able to sell T-track at approx US prices...seems to be true. Their web site is a bit difficult to navigate so I find that a phone call works better and is much clearer.
regards

Well, I have attempted to speak to someone in Tilgear.

Do the have a business model that attracts new customers? ridiculous!

Leave a message after the beep and hope we understand what you said and maybe we will be able to act on this. Why no webpage? How do they expect to get new customers? Very Strange :shock:

As for woodworkersworkshop.co.uk, well they have a site! for starters. However they list only a couple of items unless I missed the special key that is invisible. No prices either. I understand they supply other items other than what is listed on website. Great.....except I cannot see it! ](*,)

I can understand small companies cannot invest large sums but jeepers is this all we get.

:evil: They want to sell products do they not?

Enough of a rant!

I agree in this day and age there's no doubt both these companies are missing a big opportunity. More than that I do find it frustrating now having to order over the phone - especially if there's a few things I'm after.
Have said that they are both very pleasant if you get to speak to them (and I've had no problems generally). WWW does at least need to have a full online or even offline catalogue with prices. Phoning just for stock / pricing is more than I can be bothered with for most items.
Cheers
Gidon

WoodWorkersWorkshop is not a 'they' its a 'he' a one man band. A nice chap to deal with and he is prepared to extend a personal touch, but I don't think he knows much about Webs, so I don't think his site will be updated very often. Its a pity as most, including me, mostly just want the efficiency of quickly putting in orders over the web.

bg":3612h3p7 said:
Its a pity as most, including me, mostly just want the efficiency of quickly putting in orders over the web.
'Tis true, but even a few prices would be something.

Cheers, Alf

I have been going to Tilgear for years and it is just over the last few years that they have been taking credit cards :shock: .
It was fun to see some people go there topay with one and to be told that they dont take them :twisted: 8-[

Back