When suppliers are deceitful - this really peeves me off!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianD

Established Member
Reaction score
In April a vendor, W**** of P**** advertised a cordless Ryobi Hedge Trimmer c/w Lithium-Ion Battery and some goggles. All for the princely sum of £95.43 all in.

Of course, after ordering and receiving confirmation of order, I received a call from this establishment about this.

It was explained to me that a mistake was made and the product is not ready to go to market. So they would want to null and void the order as they could not fulfil the commitment. I stated that they can hold the money until then, however they explained they could not do that.

It was also explained to me that the same product will be available in June and I assured that on release the company, W**** of P**** will honour this; they had in fact discussed this with Ryobi as supplier.

Of course now that I look at the site the price for the same item combination is now £114.10 (new item reference of course). Well almost the same, in fact, the battery is now NiCd instead of Li-Ion

So much for the retail company honouring this, bloody typical!! I know it is not Ryobi's fault but the dealer's.

Have others experienced the same issue? One price today and a different tomorrow for the same thing in this deceitful way?

I can understand your irritation Brian, but it sounds to me that the supplier made a mistake, rather than deliberately misled you.

After all, what would they have to gain by lying to you about a product which hadn't come into stock yet?

I suspect that they advertised the hedge trimmer based on the information given to them by Ryobi and somewhere along the line a cock-up was made.

Anyway, with that extra couple of months growth, a cordless hedge trimmer is going to be no use to you at all! I'd go for something much more powerful.

Cheers
Dan

my wife actually used the ryobi one+ 18v hedge trimmer for the first time today and did a great job on just one (nicad) battery. I bought it from axminster for £40 without batteries (I have otehr rypbi) but nitices now on on ebay they go for £65 with 2 batteries and charger - but this has a 'make an offer' option as well so make a punt if you are happy with nicads. I am until the li-Ion and chargers become sensible prices.

If you were wanting the buy to find a good source of liIon then the above is no use - if you find one post it!!!![/url]

Back