What's this cyclone powertool site vac?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivan

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this vac? Seen one working? There's no maker's plate or label, who made it?

It's about 230mm dia, and the orange cylcone is ~500mm tall. The black vac motor on top couples directly to the cylone by way of an internal pleated filter, about 400 x 100 mm dia. When turned on, the vac raises a rubber flap on the base of the cyclone sealing it from the plastic dust sack; the flap falls, along with the dust (into sack) on switch off. It produces an unusually powerful 'suck' so it might have a 3 stage vac motor. It is supposed to be designed for extracting plaster dust from wall chasers, and looks robust enough to be regularly slung in the back of well used vans.

I've never seen one before, and thought it was worth a tenner to find out if it would work well with fine wood dust, either as is, or as a "pre filter" to my usual small bore vacuum. The cyclone may not be 100% - there's a filter and a button on the front so you can tap off cake. I'll test it out when I need something to liven up a dull moment (how sad is that!)

Hi,

This is purely speculation, but I think it might be made by BVC (British Vacuum Cleaners). They certainly made some very industrial vacuums, up to and including centralised vacuum systems for commercial buildings. For some time which must have included the early 90s, they had an orange/black colour scheme very similar to that which your machine sports.

I had hoped to check whether the machine or any likeness to it was listed in the brochures I had, but sadly I've been unable to find them.

It looks like BVC are now part of a conglomerate, Barloworld Vacuum Technology. I guess there's a chance that if you email them they might be able to confirm whether it is a BVC.

Hope this is of use, and that you get plenty of use from it!

Neil

Back