What to do with some Corian / HiMacs worktop?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon89

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a piece of HiMacs worktop leftover from a project, approx 1600 x 700mm, colour black. 12mm thick, but can be laminated to ply/mdf to increase strength.

I am moving workshops so it’s the perfect opportunity to use it for something.

Ideas so far are a new router table…

What would you do with it?

Should add, I have all the ‘usual’ workshop tools and a large CNC router on order, so can take on most projects.

Maybe go with an mft work too as you say reinforced with a plywood backing. I guess there is probably many different options but that’s what comes to mind .👍👍

I have a piece of HiMacs worktop leftover from a project, approx 1600 x 700mm, colour black. 12mm thick, but can be laminated to ply/mdf to increase strength.

I am moving workshops so it’s the perfect opportunity to use it for something.

Ideas so far are a new router table…

What would you do with it?
Sounds like an ideal contrast to some oak. How about the plinth or possibly drawer fronts on a small unit. Or the tops on a couple of bolted to the wall floating bedside cabinets.

Colin

you could use it for a sharpening station or something similar. You're probably already aware, but corners and edges can chip pretty easily on it.

I also have a bunch left from a kitchen installation with little to do in terms of figuring out where to use it. If it's bright white or off white or black, bits of it can be used for guitar nuts - that won't go through it very quickly, though!

Also makes decent material to epoxy together and turn for things like grinding wheel bushings.

Treat it as any other medium and turn it into a cabinet. Inlays in natural timber.

etc etc.

Maybe something like a small decanter cabinet.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

It’s not really my style for furniture so thinking it would be best kept in the workshop and out of the house!

Back