Coloured adhesive for old Corian

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nr123

Reaction score
I’ve cut and routered 2nd hand Corian worktops for my self-build house project. All looking good so far, but now stuck trying to source a coloured epoxy to bond the joints. The Corian is a mid grey speckled colour but other than that I don’t know what it’s called. There is numbers printed on the bottom but that’s all.
Can anyone advise on what I could use or look for?
Many thanks.

What Adidat said.(y)

However, if you're really stuck or only have a few joins you can get someclear 2 part epoxy and scrape loads of dust from your offcuts to mix and with a bit of trial and error can get acceptable results although unlike the correct adhesive you won't achieve virtually invisible joints. Corian adhesive is expensive btw but worth the effort.
Do you have any experience with these joins? You need to get them properly clamped and aligned quickly before the glue sets, the correct clamps are the best way but expensive for a one off, mine from memory were I think about £250, the alternative is usually glued blocks and std clamps. Plenty of info on the net.

That reminds me, I must dig out and list my clamps on fleabay when I can get a rounduit. :unsure:

What Adidat said.(y)

However, if you're really stuck or only have a few joins you can get someclear 2 part epoxy and scrape loads of dust from your offcuts to mix and with a bit of trial and error can get acceptable results although unlike the correct adhesive you won't achieve virtually invisible joints. Corian adhesive is expensive btw but worth the effort.
Do you have any experience with these joins? You need to get them properly clamped and aligned quickly before the glue sets, the correct clamps are the best way but expensive for a one off, mine from memory were I think about £250, the alternative is usually glued blocks and std clamps. Plenty of info on the net.

That reminds me, I must dig out and list my clamps on fleabay when I can get a rounduit. :unsure:
Sent you a pm lons

Adidat

Thanks for your prompt and helpful advice. I reckon my worktops are Corian "Aqua" colour (old colour).

I still bit unsure on what product to buy though. I'm not adimant that it must be genuine Corian adhesive since it seems near impossible to source. I have seen some light grey adhesives though an wondered if they would work.

I looking at both Unika ColorSeam and Apollo solid surface adhesive.

An Apollo supplier has however told me it would not be suitable for Corian. I wasn't sure it that was a "we don't do Corian" comment or geniune advice?
Seems like the Unika ColorSeam stuff might be good though?

Thanks again.

Back