What reference books do you have and use most often?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello and welcome to the forum, Preston, that's a very desirable collection! I can see why you would want to keep the 'top shelf' material but there's a few on the other shelves I wouldn't mind making room for.

A few shots of your workshop would up your post count nicely.

Thank you Andy, I couldn’t find an introduction section on the forum.
It's too cold to go to go in the workshop now, but here's a picture of the outside, taken a few years ago.

Attachments

• My shed.jpg
    My shed.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 37
I have a few copies of Charles F Mitchell "Building Construction". 1902, 1924 and one from the 40's/50s. Pretty good if you're into tinkering with old buildings, the carpentry sections are a good primer.

Preston":usw9d6h6 said:
Thank you Andy, I couldn’t find an introduction section on the forum.
It's too cold to go to go in the workshop now, but here's a picture of the outside, taken a few years ago.

Now THAT'S what I call a shed! Mind you, it's the sort of sanctuary you have to work up to over many years - and should enjoy to the full once achieved.

By the way - welcome aboard, Preston!

Thank you Cheshirechappie,
On hindsight and to put those new to woodworking at ease, the only book one really needs to begin with is the one below. All the rest is just extravagance or greed.

Attachments

• 100_6821.jpg
    100_6821.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back