What lubricant for Scheppach machines?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichD1

Established Member
Reaction score
Now that I have almost completed the build of a dedicated workshop I've started to move my woodworking machines out of storage where they've been for the last 8 years!!

The Scheppach machines (TS, PT, BS and Extractor) are all in good condition and only really need a wipe down to remove the accumulated dust and grime but I would like to clean and lubricate the mechanisms especially on the TS4010 which is a bit stiff on the blade height adjustment.

But what type of lubricant is best?

Most of the areas are directly below the cutting blade and will get covered in saw dust, so wet types like the spray white lithium grease are probably not very good. Checked the Scheppach manual and it just says oil mechanisms periodically.

Richard

3in1 is probably as good as any of the oils,you could give a spray of WD40 if you don't want to use oil.

Works for me p/t is about 10 years old and still going with no probs but i do give a thorough cleaning on a regular basis.

don't use 3 in 1 or wd40 as they will both attract sawdust and that in turn will clog up the rise and fall spindle which in turn will lead to the phosphorus bronze spindle nut stripping its thread, best to use a dry, silicon based lube but before that even, I would suggest just giving it a good clean and then seeing how it is.

regards

Menatnma.

NMA Agencies Ltd
01484 400488

menatnma":1xdvfaji said:
don't use 3 in 1 or wd40 as they will both attract sawdust and that in turn will clog up the rise and fall spindle which in turn will lead to the phosphorus bronze spindle nut stripping its thread, best to use a dry, silicon based lube but before that even, I would suggest just giving it a good clean and then seeing how it is.

regards

Menatnma.

NMA Agencies Ltd
01484 400488

Hi Menatnma,

Yes, have already given it a very good clean out with a small paint brush and vacuum cleaner. Have not found any dry silicone around here, but Halfords and Screwfix sell silicone spray which says 'quick drying'. Is this OK?

BTW, bought all my Scheppach machines through NMA. Once I get everything up and running will probably need some spares, are they still readily available? TS4010, HMS 260, HA 2600 & Basato 3.

Richard

Back