What is this for

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
14w-6.jpg

On the feather pressure piece that pushes against the timber being cut on picture above, can anyone please tell me what that aluminum bar is there for.

I am wondering if it should actually be laying over the timber being cut to stop timber lifting?

Any ideas?

Hmm, not sure DW. I guess you are right, it makes sense. Careful you don't clip it though. I am presuming it moves about independent of the feather board?

Sorry, mine don't have 'em, so I couldn't say for sure.

Neil

neilyweely":8o9nle59 said:
Hmm, not sure DW. I guess you are right, it makes sense. Careful you don't clip it though. I am presuming it moves about independent of the feather board?

Sorry, mine don't have 'em, so I couldn't say for sure.

Neil

Don't see how that will work as it is only valid for stock the same thickness as the featherboard??

My guess, dw, is that you have the Rolls Royce version and it's there simply to stop the featherboard flexing.

No Roger, the bar does have an upstand (not seen in picture above) so would accommodate timber upto around 35mm thick on table.

Hi,

The bar is a 'spring' hold down. It is to stop the work bit lifting. Axminster sell them. I have one which I use on my router table.

jpb

Back