What happened to Bugbear's page?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope there will be - though this is the reason I'd never set anything up that relied on a free web service - it's all too easy for some mud-for-brains to decide to close the service and lose everything you've built (including the volume of people who know where to find you).

And BT wondered why I lost the plot at them years ago when they moved my included-with-broadband-package web space from their own system to geocities.

This is the exact reason I was unhappy.

You always have a backup, don't you?

Why not ask Paul about his page? You will find him in the memberlist (username 'bugbear') and can send him a pm.

Wolfgang

wjordan":e6auuubo said:
You always have a backup, don't you?

Hi Wolgang,

no, you don't. The web.archive looses pictures and pdfs very fast. right now you can't see everything.

wjordan":e6auuubo said:
Why not ask Paul about his page? You will find him in the memberlist (username 'bugbear') and can send him a pm.

Yes, I'll try this, too.

Cheers Pedder

The bad news:

I've been lazy, and not found a new host (and/or domain) for my web site.

The good news:

The website had always been created on my personal PC, and then uploaded to geocities.

So I don't so much have a backup as the master copy.

BugBear

bugbear":zbeknsbl said:
The good news:

The website had always been created on my personal PC, and then uploaded to geocities.

So I don't so much have a backup as the master copy.

BugBear

That are good news, indeed!

Thank you!

Cheers Pedder

Good news indeed, Mr Bear.

Now 'ere. Git this done.

http://tinyurl.com/ygomw8l

EDIT
From that search... these caught my eye.
http://www.000webhost.com/
1500MB storage and 100GB bandwidth per month... no ads... doesn't sound too shabby to me if you don't want a top level domain name. You'll get <subdomain>.comze.com
Not bad for a stop-gap at least. :wink:

Latest posts

Back