what do you think about this bowl??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morris

Established Member
Reaction score
all the best for the new year everyone
please can I have some critics

Image145.jpg

Image146.jpg

Image147.jpg

Image148.jpg

I got the dremmel for Christmas and had to try this
Petra

Beat me to it Bob, I was just about to say get rid of it before it contaminates all your other wood! :shock: As it is self inflicted though it looks very nice. Got to admit even though I have a lathe I have never turned a bowl yet but I can appreciate the hard work that has gone into it.

It has an Aboriginal look to it, if you know what I mean.

Cheers

Karl

yeh I like it and, as said, you've managed to make it look like it's natural woodworm. Which I assume was the intention? It's a nice technique

Hi Morris
I don't turn wood mesel but do think your bowl is well done and the mock flight holes are , well , different and add a touch of interest . Is that called 'patterning' ?
You may be a newbie to the site here but not to turning , but what do I know ? . Whatever ! favourable criteqie is due so let's hear it for Morris .
Cheers

Excellent Morris.
Unlike 'joesoap' I do turn. I also carve and decorate on my turnings.
A good beginning if I may say so! Next, a thin walled bowl and some piercings maybe, your new Dremel is simply made for it.
Good one Morris.Keep going

John. B

Hello All
thank you for the comments
John do you know which cutter I should be buying to pierce the wood and cut a pattern into it??
after only turning 1.5 years I have a lot to learn , but I am sure I will get there

thank again
Petra

morris":2ckrn0q0 said:
Hello All
thank you for the comments
John do you know which cutter I should be buying to pierce the wood and cut a pattern into it??
after only turning 1.5 years I have a lot to learn , but I am sure I will get there

thank again
Petra

Try asking your dentist.The bits they use in the drill are classed as consumable. Most of them fit the dremel and other mini drills. My wife was a dental nurse and she got a load from her dentist before she resigned. The picks etc are quite usefukl too. They can be picked up on the Internet quite cheaply. If you try and buy them theycost about £6 each as most odf them are diamond tipped.

Pete

Back